Please, Rate me.
I have been playing seriusly electric guitar for 1 year, and this is the best that i can do a solo:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQt17gFeV4 (Stairway to heaven)
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf_Db-33Bgg (Smoke on the Water)

From 1-10 (10 best), please rate on this thread.

PD: If u have Youtube account and a few minutes, please leave me nice comments there
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
no stairway
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
i dont want to be mean, but it kinda sounds like trash. Bad tone, and a bad camera. youre hitting too many like, open strings accidently, and you need some vibrato. Keep trying though, just brushing up on 1 solo can help a lot
your smoke on the water is considerably better though
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
i dont want to be mean, but it kinda sounds like trash. Bad tone, and a bad camera. youre hitting too many like, open strings accidently, and you need some vibrato. Keep trying though, just brushing up on 1 solo can help a lot
your smoke on the water is considerably better though

Thanks for the Comment, i really apreciate it.
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
Quote by Z3r0M4nc3r
Thanks for the Comment, i really apreciate it.

It looks like you need more structure! (I know I sound like a parent)

But really, check out Steve Vai's 10-hour workout. Pick and choose things from that and get them down pat. It doesn't matter if you don't like Steve Vai or whatever, his stuff really helps.

You'll notice an improvement.
xxxxxxxxx
hey man honestly ur video was horrible u got the timing wrong most of the time, u had a bad tone, and really u could have maybe listened to the song first so u know how it sounds. I mean like maybe u should give up guitar........
^wtf mayte

unfortunately i cant watch it but what you should do, seeing these comments is

1. dont listen to people who tell you to quit
2. take every tiny little sequence of notes, and learn to play it perfectly. it doesnt matter the speed. play it perfectly. dont think 'omg i have to get this five times faster' you have got to play it perfect.

yeah, i guess thats it.
i have a 'white guitar'
Quote by thelastdispatch
xxxxxxxxx
hey man honestly ur video was horrible u got the timing wrong most of the time, u had a bad tone, and really u could have maybe listened to the song first so u know how it sounds. I mean like maybe u should give up guitar........

Don't listen to this guy.

They didn't sound amazing, your playing was mediocre, but the tone really needs some work IMO. but just keep practicing
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
sorry but...
i've been playing since may, and i'm better than that.
smoke on the water was like the first song i learned...
learn to use all of your fingers. It'll help in the long run.

Also on your bends work on bending up to the desired pitch. the solos would sound much better if the bends go to the correct pitch.

Really not bad for seriously playing for 1 year. Just keep trying at it and have fun, because that is what it really is all about.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
not as bad as i expected it to be ^^
the only thing that kinda bothered me though is your picking technique, i know there is no "right" way, but still. i'd just generally look into some video lessons (Steve Vai one, John Petrucci's Rock Disciples etc)
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I'm guessing you work somewhat hard on this at least. Keep it up man. I'll admit, it's not the greatest, but it's getting there. I've got that guitar (got it cheap for $80 lucky, so I figured why not), and I'm not sure what amp you're running, but you could probably fiddle with the tone knobs etc to get a little nicer sound. And make sure you tune you're guitar before recording

As far as you're playing go, work on your alternate picking. It'll make your song sound more confident. You're timing's a bit off, but it'd help if you played to a backing track, or the actual song, likely. Keep up the good work though.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Ok

Bad tone, poor timing, weak bends, slow picking, little/weak vibrato - you need to practice hammers/pull offs and general legato, its pretty messy with no flow.

Keep practicing tho, we were all crap at one time. Solos like these are good for improving on your techniques. Also, practice your scales - it will help speed your hand up and help work on your alternate picking skills.
Ok, thanks for all those comments, i'm gonna check those videos you said.
About camera, the video was filmed in a Cellphone with 1.3 mp of camera... so that's why it sucks. About Stairway to Heaven solo, it sucks becausa all is invented by me, after the losts of PULLOF/HAMMER part. Smoke on the water solo is right (i guess... hahaha). How can i improve my tone? i own a Vox DA5 and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Help please
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Quote by GuitarNinja12