So I think I'm going to build a true-bypass box for my digitech whammy. It will just be a basic TBP effects loop.

Is this right:

If it's right, I'll need:

1 DPDT
4 Mono jacks
An enclosure
Some wire

Just wondering, how would I add an LED? Would I need a 3PDT for that?

EDIT: I just realized I would need a battery or power supply to add an LED

I don't think I'll be adding the LED in that case.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Oct 6, 2007,
I think so, maybe you should also wire the grounds together
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
^ Yep.. all grounds together.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Grounds wouldn't necessarily be needed if it's a metal enclosure. Also, I'd recommend spending the extra couple bucks to get a 3PDT switch and have an LED.
MG Free At Last
Grounding it isn't really necessary because the jacks will all be grounded at the sleeve through the enclosure. They're connected even if you don't add any wire in. It then shares the same ground as your guitar and amp and any pedals you've got running.

Otherwise, that's right.
^ what if he's using cliff jack?...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
^ Well, you'd generally just use your typical Switchcraft/Neutrik open metal jack for something like this, but I suppose that's a valid point.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ Well, you'd generally just use your typical Switchcraft/Neutrik open metal jack for something like this, but I suppose that's a valid point.

Yup, they'll just be 4 open jacks.
Quote by styxie
I think so, maybe you should also wire the grounds together

if your using a metal enclosure, dont wire the all the grounds together, or you will create ground loops
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
How would you extend that pedal into one with 3 true bypass loops? I got some ideas for my pedalboard running loose in my head.
heres a link. i can help you source parts or anything if you need it:
well i cant find the link. ill post in a minute
Basically, you'd hook the output of the first loop to the second, then to the third, and so on until you've got enough loops.