I'm not looking for state of the art here, but something good enough for recording/small gigs.

my gear is in my sig.

anyway, I have $100 in cash, and I'm selling my Epi g-400 SG at guitar center on monday. And I figured I'd pick up a multi-effects pedal while I'm there with the cash.

I've got no issues with using digital effects -- its a fully digital amp I hate, I actually don't mind digital effects themselves.

anyway, I'm assuming I'll get between $100 and $200 for the SG (its practically new).

I need something to take me into heavier distortion (I can combine it with my tube-amps great overdrive if need-be), and I also want to have a bunch of effects (especially a wah) at my disposal.

how is this pedal for what I want. And assuming my price range, is there anything better?

edit:

what about the Rpx400? that might very well be in my price range, if I get $150 for the guitar.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 6, 2007,
No. DONT GET IT
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
then what would you reccomend for my cash.

I can also go the old fashioned route of a distortion pedal, crybaby classic (with fasel inductor) and a delay pedal...

but I'd much rather just get a decent multi-effect pedal that does it all.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I'm selling my line 6 floor pod :P 125 dollars or so. I just got a whammy pedal and I got a spider III amp which has all the same effects as the pod, just not a whammy pedal, which I plan on buying a crybaby once I get a chance to try one.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
I suggest a Yamaha Magicstomp MKII. Similar to the 350 but better tone...much better.

I use one all the time recording directly to the board and for jam sessions in the studio.

IMO the only floor pod worth getting is the large POD XT Live because you can change the order of FX used in the chain as well as add or take some out....something you cant do on the smaller multi FX units like the magicstomp, Digitech and similar pedals.

If you need the wah you'll have to look for a wah pedal because the Yamaha doesn't have one on board. You can find the magicstomp on eBay which is where i suggest getting it as your store may not carry one anymore since its discontinued.

Sound samples with my magicstomp paired with a Digitech EX7 for wah:
http://www.myspace.com/rockinatthehouse

High distortion is the UG drum combo song...a tube tone distortion patch i made for monkey wrench, Talking guitars is more OD type tone...

I am very happy with the magicstomp and if you get one ill be happy to send you some patches I've made and downloaded over the time I've owned one.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by ratzgame
I'm selling my line 6 floor pod :P 125 dollars or so. I just got a whammy pedal and I got a spider III amp which has all the same effects as the pod, just not a whammy pedal, which I plan on buying a crybaby once I get a chance to try one.

I hated the spider amps, so I'm not sure if I'd want one of those.

in reality, I'm looking for a pedal with decent distortion (for high-gain, and something decent for shred tone), a decent wah, decent delay, and whatever other decent/good effects possible.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Well, i've never tried the spider I or II, but i'm satisfied with the III currently. The pod has good delay/reverb/phaser/flanger/chorus. The wah is good but I can't compare it, cause I've never played a different wah before :P
I wouldn't say the distortion is that great, but for my 10 watt amp when I first bought it, it was much better :P
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
yeah but no offense, my amp is quite a bit better -- its a peavy classic 30 -- thats 30 all-tube watts -- in tube amps, thats enough to gig with (if you weren't aware)

and even if you disagree with that (which you very well might), its an all-tube amp, and it works/reacts differently than any amp you've owned.

the vox tonelab looks amazing, but is $100 or more out of my price range.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
how about the ToneWorks AX1500G ? that seems pretty nice.

how is the wah? Will it suit Guns n' Roses type stuff? react nicely with my amp?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q