Alright, I've been kinda looking at stuff like effects and other stuff. And i came across Bass Balls. now i dont really understand what that does could some explain it.?
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
Listen to City of Delusion by Muse. That effect is a bassballs.
Cliff Burton had a bassballs too, so James says, but I don't know where it's used.

Heres a demo:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QpncRw7ridE
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Listen to City of Delusion by Muse. That effect is a bassballs.
Cliff Burton had a bassballs too, so James says, but I don't know where it's used.

Heres a demo:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QpncRw7ridE

Why does he do a weird accent at the end?

Also, when he adds the distortion, is it supposed to sound that thin and ****ty?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Why does he do a weird accent at the end?

Also, when he adds the distortion, is it supposed to sound that thin and ****ty?

Because he thinks its funny? Maybe he's trying to at "Balls" to his voice...I don't know.

But I have a nano one, it's great

And it's not just the added distortion...It's any distortion, other pedals added on sound like that too
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Being as the bassballs has twin envelope followers, it's not solely a distortion. Sounds damn good, and Flea uses one from time to time. Maybe Bellamy set it up as a high-pass
filter, so it would sound deliberately sh*tty.
Quote by creepingjesus73
Being as the bassballs has twin envelope followers, it's not solely a distortion. Sounds damn good, and Flea uses one from time to time. Maybe Bellamy set it up as a high-pass
filter, so it would sound deliberately sh*tty.

er... what exactly is a twin envelope follower.

And can someone explain the "sound difference" between a bassballs modified sound and a non-modified sound. Like I've listened to demos, and city of delusion, but I guess I don't know how to put the sound into words. Can someone help me?
Quote by sammcl-15
Because he thinks its funny? Maybe he's trying to at "Balls" to his voice...I don't know.

But I have a nano one, it's great

And it's not just the added distortion...It's any distortion, other pedals added on sound like that too

So if I added on a flanger or distortion, the Bassballs tone gets all messed up and tinny sounding?

EDIT:

What are the diffs b/w the Nano, Chrome Bassballs and the Black Bassballs?
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by Charlatan_001

What are the diffs b/w the Nano, Chrome Bassballs and the Black Bassballs?

They're all better than blue (bass)balls.

I'm here all week, folks.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I got a Nano one a few weeks ago, and I like it a lot. I'm not sure how to describe the sound difference between it any any other type of distortion, except maybe to say it's funkier. The only way to know it is to listen to an example of bass balls and a normal distortion.
Quote by Evil_Jim43
Geekis, you are truly the Ghandi of our time

Quote by thefitz
Man, I really have to stop sigging you...

My blog:
http://david-hates.blogspot.com/