I am just curious to know if anyone has actually answered a question on a test, or even an oral discussion in class with a reference to a song or a lyric in a song. I know that in most of the discussions in my english class I am always greatly reminded of some rush lyrics, and even, for some reason, the actual music of some bands, but I have never really used that to answer a question...

I don't even know if that makes sense lol.

pepsi
well... for my school IHS (internation High school) welcome assembly some of the teachers did a band thing... and I yelled freebird... then in class my teacher asked if there was anything we thought they should do next year I immediatly raised my hand and said they should play freebird... he said it would be awesome but they wouldn't have time for all the soloing
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
I used toxicity in the context of answering a question in a science class. Not that interesting, but meh...

I have, however, written an essay about Jimi Hendrix, written short essays about the lyrics of Tool, Metallica, and Radiohead, and impersonated John Lennon. Got A's on all of these.
Quote by Slinov
i quoted dragonforce the other day in history

Teacher : And lenin continued to hold power over russia

me : Through the fire and the flames he carried on

teacher : Exactly

Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
Quote by Slinov

epic!
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Quoted jimi hendrix saying the only way to get to anywhere was by dragonfly, can't say it was well received,
I recently wrote my first essay (really crappy) about what a complete life is and I wrote lyrics from Hollow by Pantera in there, i probably should have referenced that though.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by Slinov

That is epic .

Yeah, whenever I'm feeling down and someone asks me what's wrong, I start singing...

"Once upon a time I was falling in love... but now I'm only falling apart..."
I did in 8th grade. In advisory (a shortened class period where we talked about our feelings and crap) I gave an impromptu speech about Imagine (John Lennon). I just briefly mentioned it in some comment I made to answer the teacher's question about what a certain writing piece made us think of, and nobody in the class had even heard of the song, or John Lennon period. I was shocked. So my teacher told me to educate the class on John Lennon and the song Imagine. And I did.

I quoted the entire song and shared how I felt about it and how I thought it related to the subject we were talking about and all this other stuff. I was talking for like 20 minutes, and I got twenty extra credit points for my history class for doing that-- even though it wasn't an assignment for history class, but my advisory teacher was also my history/world studies & culture teacher. So. Yeah. It was pretty snazzy.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Last year when we had discussions and stuff in classes I would. I was always pleased with myself after doing so, even though no one ever understood the references. This year there's no talk time in classes I want to cleverly input obscure Pink Floyd lyrics into thoughtful discussions!!
In grade 9 my friend wrote the lyrics to man in the box by alice in chains in a german word search we were making, so now whenever i make one i write the lyrics to songs in them.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
I can't say I've ever refrenced lyrics, but once, while studying Egypt in history class, I brought up the fact that all of Nile's lyrics were about that subject:

Me: "Yeah, there's this band called Nile, and all their lyrics are about Egyptian History"
Teacher: "Wow, really? Maybe you should bring in their CD and play it for the class!"
Me: "I don't think that's such a good idea..."
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I Bel Aired a biography.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate