This is my bands newish song Gingervitus its on my profile so check it out. I realize the bass is mixed a bit loud but whatever its a demo.

Crit for crit of course
Last edited by Say Ocean at Dec 2, 2007,
Oh yeah, btw I used a Schecter C-1 Classic through a two channel Mesa Triple Recto for the rythym guitar tracks, and the other guitarist used a Schecter Gryphon through the same amp for the lead parts in the chorus. The drumset is a maple Tama set with some zildjan and pastie cymbals and the bass is a fender p bass. Everything was tracked with an Audix i-5 into line in on my computer onto Adobe Audition. Mixed with earbuds and computer speakers
Listening now.. Guitars are way too low. You need some guitar layers, it sounds like just one track off guitars. Get some more duplicate tracks for each speaker pan em about 65 or soo to each speaker. The riff ares pretty good though. Im not a big fan of harsh vocals, but i can deal there alright. The ending lead guitar part was cool..too low in the mix once again.

I checked out your acoustic improv..it was very good aswell, i love the tone of that acoustic guitar.

anyway https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625549 c4c?!!??
Thanks man. Yeah The rythym parts are just doubled, one to each side I think I panned them 50/50 or 65/65. I didn't feel like taking the time to record another two tracks or rythym guitar cause my amp is ****ing loud and my parents were getting annoyed And I think if I took the bass down a lot it would help the guitar levels but ahhh its just a demo made in my basement with a single mic. Don't care THAT much
I remember listening to this a while ago I think! Some really cool riffs and nice vocals but the snare needs to come up more in the mix. Do you have a full band or is it yourself?

And thanks for the crit!
Quote by Kram
I remember listening to this a while ago I think! Some really cool riffs and nice vocals but the snare needs to come up more in the mix. Do you have a full band or is it yourself?

And thanks for the crit!

Yeah I have a full band. As for the snare I can't really do anything about that until I get all my recording stuff cause I mic'd the whole set with one mic

thanks man!