Hey everyone,

On my Washburn MG-70 i have a problem with my b string. Whenever you play it open, it sounds... pingy. The best way of describing it is it stands out from other notes (eg. Playing an open g chord, most of what you can hear is the B string)

Im wondering if its some sort of odd harmonic, and its definitely not fret buzz. If it makes any difference its got a lisc. Floyd on it.
I used to have the same problem, mine was just ever so slightly out of tune to the point where it sounded kind of annoying when i played open chords.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMGs
Its not out of tune, perfectly tuned. It just makes a really odd noise, not really able to define it, but it makes that string really annoying.
is it locked into the FR properly? if not replace the full set of strings.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Its locked properly im thinking it might be the saddle? 'Coz the saddle has a small groove in it from where the strings have been in it.
I know what your talking about! Its like a Harmonic sound, right? If it is then don't worry. It happened to me a lot of my crappy guitar, thats is why i got a new one, it should just go away after a while. I'm not sure if this helps, but try stretching your strings.
Quote by waterinthePlant
I know what your talking about! Its like a Harmonic sound, right? If it is then don't worry. It happened to me a lot of my crappy guitar, thats is why i got a new one, it should just go away after a while. I'm not sure if this helps, but try stretching your strings.

My strings are definitely stretched, it may be the fact that ive got ernie balls on there (yeah, i dont like em. But Musos Corner had no other strings and we got a discount). I might string it up with a pack of DR's tomorrow.
Well, was restringing my guitar today. Got the the b string, everything was going as normal, but when i started tightening the b string up it popped out. Put it back in, and tightened the lock a liiiitle too hard, and broke my saddle. Need a store to order a new one

But when i looked inside of the saddle, theres was giant grooves in the metal. Thats probably the cause of my string troubles. But hey, what do you expect for a second hand 15 year old guitar