Yesterday my teacher lowered the action on my bass, at the time it was alright but by the time i got home i think it has changed. It's completely unplayable because the action is so low. Frets 1-10 are fuzzy and the first fret barely even makes a note
How do i adjust the action? Should i do it myself or wait till next friday for my teacher to do it?
Wait for your teacher to do, because if you don't know what you're doing you can really mess the neck up.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Its actually quite easy, do it slowly and check after every turn you do.
It is done by using an Allen Wrench.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Its actually quite easy, do it slowly and check after every turn you do.
It is done by using an Allen Wrench.

Don't contradict me, laddie.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587147 is a great thread on bass Maintenance; Ben covers the topic of truss rod adjustments. Read this through and if it doesn't make sense, don't try it. Dinky is correct, if you over adjust you can seriously **** up your bass guitar neck.

Its much easier if someone shows you how to do it, then like Gal says, its a straightforward adjustment to do yourself. But I would recommend that you sit down with your teacher next week and have him show you how and not risk untold damage and sorrow.