i need to know what books should i get to learn bass theory i know a couple of scales right now, but i need something to guide me throw as ther' a lot of stuff i don't know about
tutorials of the month is good to learn from guys but i need to know a name of book to learn theory of bass from because i need something to go step by step there's a lot of theoritical stuff that a bassist should know that i don't even know what it's called about it, and it would be better to tell me about a couple of books cause i am not sure what could i found
Quote by puskus54
i need to know what books should i get to learn bass theory i know a couple of scales right now, but i need something to guide me throw as ther' a lot of stuff i don't know about

The threads in here are handy, so do use them. But if you want some books to read, try looking for the Chuck Rainey books. I think they're still in print, and each one tackles a different aspect. Good solid lessons from a man who knows what he's doing!
Quote by Flea_Is_God
Read all of the "tutorials of the month" on here would be a start lol

I always thought it was "Theory of The Month"

I feel like an idiot.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I use the Hal Leonard books by(?) Ed Friedland. They aren't bad, in terms of notes. The second one is kind of boring, but you can learn a lot. Sorry if I screwed up the image tag
Just type in something like tetrachord on wiki, and start clicking the links of words you dont know. Though its sad, thats actually how I learned the majority of the theory I know.
Bass theory is not different to guitar theory or piano theory, it's all music theory and applicable to all instruments. Go into the Musicians Talk board here on UG and read through the FAQ and ask any questions you might have there.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sammcl-15
I always thought it was "Theory of The Month"

I feel like an idiot.

your probably correct considering i couldn't even figure out BOTM was bass of the month!