Ive seen a few i quite like, but im trying to find a axe that is worth its money. I want something with EMGs, either 60 81 or 81 85, Neck-thru, not particuarlly bothered with the bridge. I have up £1000 to spend
Manchester United
Quote by Shabalaba
Ive seen a few i quite like, but im trying to find a axe that is worth its money. I want something with EMGs, either 60 81 or 81 85, Neck-thru, not particuarlly bothered with the bridge. I have up £1000 to spend

The rr24 is neck through and has an EMG, but no neck pickup.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72198

The CoW signature, but again only one pickup:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/christian-olde/69490

Ibanez MTM-1, EMG pickups but not neck through and you have to like the fact that it's a Slipknot signature model:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-mtm-1/69433
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 6, 2007,
I have a old valvestate but its a good amp, i can get whatever sound i want.
Manchester United
Quote by Shabalaba
Yeah i saw that i was think of that or the Ibanez MBM1 but im not sure if it has neck thru

Don't be too picky about the neck-through thing, sure they have great upper fret access, but then again, an Ibanez with the AANJ neckjoint is also quite nice. No, it's not as good as a proper neck through when it comes to reaching thos really high frets, but it comes pretty damn close.

To dismiss everything that isn't neck-through would be pointless.
Quote by Shabalaba
Are EMG HZ pickups any good cos ive found this for 500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239

Two things:

-they're passive and I've heard mixed things about them, try them out for yourself and see if you like them.

-by the fact that you listed your budget in pounds, I'm guessing you're from the UK, meaning you can't order from musiciansfriend.
i would suggest this guitar, jacksons are amazing
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
schecter c-1 hellraiser diamond series. the red on is so sexy
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
For the amount of money, u wouldnt want the RR24, as it has very isn't very versatile (with only 1 pickup). Also, you would also be able to afford custom-pickups if u have money left over. Jackson for metal, but i would still upgrade to custom-made pickups if u got that, cuz EMGs are very high gain but have some feedback, and don't have a very good medium-gain tone. I heard that BareKnuckle pickups are very nice (theyre in the UK, too). Another rly good rock guitar brand is gibson, but If u wanna play fast solos with rly high notes though, i wouldnt get a les paul, cuz from my experience its kinda hard to play that high on a les paul, but that may be just me. I would recommend u look into an SG if u were buying a gibson. btw, TS, I LOVE UR AVATAR!!!!
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
For the amount of money, u wouldnt want the RR24, as it has very isn't very versatile (with only 1 pickup). Also, you would also be able to afford custom-pickups if u have money left over. Jackson for metal, but i would still upgrade to custom-made pickups if u got that, cuz EMGs are very high gain but have some feedback, and don't have a very good medium-gain tone. I heard that BareKnuckle pickups are very nice (theyre in the UK, too). Another rly good rock guitar brand is gibson, but If u wanna play fast solos with rly high notes though, i wouldnt get a les paul, cuz from my experience its kinda hard to play that high on a les paul, but that may be just me. I would recommend u look into an SG if u were buying a gibson. btw, TS, I LOVE UR AVATAR!!!!

Yes, the RR24 only has one pickup, but when your buying a guitar in that price range, I think you're aware of the fact that it's not as versatile as a two or three pickup guitar and you've probably been playing for long enough to know how much you use the neck pickup.

Custom pickups? Hmmm, possible but I don't consider BareKnuckles custom pickups. Also, EMGs are very nice pickups in terms of quality and whether or not you like their sound is personal.

Getting a guitar with a genuine EMG pickup and then immediately swapping it for something else is pointless, unless you don't like the EMG of course, which is, like I said personal.

Also, the versatility of an active EMG depends on your amp and if you know how to use the volume knob on your guitar and how to EQ your amp, you can get some pretty good non-high gain tones out of it.

"Jackson for metal" ; they can do more than just metal.

And as for Gibson, just don't.
Quote by musicfreak003

I know what you mean about the RR24, and thanks lol
Manchester United