Hey guys i just recently got my Ibanez s520EX back from my luthier, i had a very thorough setup done on it and had an EMG 81 installed in the bridge and an EMG 85 installed in the neck and i must say its beautiful !!!!

After getting the model packs for my PODXT and messing around, with the help of the EMGs ive found my true tone ! that perfect tone ive been looking for for god knows how long ! might not be perfect to everyone but its what ive been searching for so i thought id share them pics and sound sample !

Heres a full shot of the guitar sorry about the fan in the background was too lazy to move it

Heres a shot of how low the action is

And heres my EMGs !

One thing about EMGs i have to tell you is that they really seem to change your playing they seem to respond to your technique better but i dont know if this is down to the setup or not but i find it a lot easier to play with the EMGs too.

Oh and heres a link to a cover of Paranoid by Black Sabbath i did when i got my guitar back, i used my new guitar going into my PODXT + "My Tone" setting then going into my sampler, drums and bass are midi just spiced up with some software and its me singing sorry bout that im not the greatest singer in the world

It was all mixed and recorded using Cubase SE

http://www.songstorage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Paranoid.mp3

Theres the song, any questions about anything are welcomed.

Enjoy !
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Last edited by Talentless at Oct 6, 2007,
Hehe Thanks

I had the drums and bass and singing done already from a previous version i did with my BC Rich Warlock, the guitar only took an hour to add then it took me another hour or so to get the mix perfect, but if i added the rest of the time it took for singing and everything it probably would add up to a few days worth of work.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Cheers mate i like to know my little projects are turning out ok

Gunna start writing some thrash metal soon as i get my Bass, programming midi bass is a pain in the ass
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Sounds nice, heavy as.
How much were the EMG's?
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
I got the EMG 81 and 85 for £114 from a european site called playback europe, they were £57 each with free mainland UK delivery took a while for them to come but they were worth the wait

Thanks for the comments guys.

Edit : Also its not just the pickups giving such a heavy tone, on my PODXT i have it setup on a heavily overdriven marshall head with an overdrive pedal pushing the gain and drive further + a comp and noisegate filtering out any excess noise because of such high gain.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Last edited by Talentless at Oct 6, 2007,
Nice, I like your fills
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
there's one of these at GC that i extremely want, and i think i remember that the tag said $329 and it was a new one.
i played it and it felt better and seemed to sound better then my freaking alexi laiho (brand new all stock for both guitars) and i just want it right now.

is that a good deal?
hehe thanks, i am turning into a bit of a pinch harmonic ***** however
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
there's one of these at GC that i extremely want, and i think i remember that the tag said $329 and it was a new one.
i played it and it felt better and seemed to sound better then my freaking alexi laiho (brand new all stock for both guitars) and i just want it right now.

is that a good deal?

Hell yeah i payed £380 for mine brand new, they do feel really great nice and thing contoured body and the neck is amazing, with the setup my luthier did and the EMGs installed this is the best guitar i have ever touched id snatch it up.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
i think it was $329 anyway.....ill see if my broham will take me later today, like around 3pm or something.
I wanna re-check, and if it is indeed $329, i'll borrow the money from my brother, and whatever is left unpaid, ill get from my mom.
if not then ill just go home sad.

edit:

doesn't £380 end up being around $760?
even on the Guitar Center website its only $600 (around £300)
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i think it was $329 anyway.....ill see if my broham will take me later today, like around 3pm or something.
I wanna re-check, and if it is indeed $329, i'll borrow the money from my brother, and whatever is left unpaid, ill get from my mom.
if not then ill just go home sad.

edit:

doesn't £380 end up being around $760?
even on the Guitar Center website its only $600 (around £300)

its 775 dollars, everthing in the UK is expensive and then theres tax ........
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works