cos mine wont go down. i sat down with mt guitar for an hour trying and failing horribly. what should i do?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Pics?

But yeah retainer bars are supposed to be low so that it angle the string over the locking nut
ye i was wondering that too, how do u adjust a string retainer?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
there are 2 little screws on each end of the retainer. You have to use a screwdriver with a small enough tip, and be careful not to strip the tiny screws.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ye i noe that lol, i just wanna noe how low should i adjust it?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
mine didnt come low
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by macaroni
ye i noe that lol, i just wanna noe how low should i adjust it?

if you look at your locking nut, and the end of the nut towards the tuning pegs, you will see little V grooves where the strings ride. The retainer should be low enough, that the strings are sitting firmly at the bottom of the V. This will make the strings angle over the end of the locking nut. Some guitars don't have a retainer, but the headstock is angled enough where the same effect occurs.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
if you look at your locking nut, and the end of the nut towards the tuning pegs, you will see little V grooves where the strings ride. The retainer should be low enough, that the strings are sitting firmly at the bottom of the V. This will make the strings angle over the end of the locking nut. Some guitars don't have a retainer, but the headstock is angled enough where the same effect occurs.

thanks man
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer