hey im thinking of purchasing the Rg1570

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/15888

and then i saw the bc mockingbird slash

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bc_rich_mockingbird_st.htm

what ones would be better for a metalhead (sanctity, cannibal corpse, slayer, anthraz, pantera, gojira etc)

thanks guys
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
RG1570s are awesome, brilliant quality, I've played a couple and they felt amazing. I can't testify for the BcRich but I don't imagine it's as good as the 1570.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I've owned the 1570, very nice guitar, excellent playability and quality for the price. That BC doesn't look bad at all though with those specs. OFR, mahogany, neck thru, ebony board, and better pups IMO than the stock Ibanez ones. Personally, I would probably prefer the mahogany for the heavier stuff too. Can't go wrong with the Ibanez, but that BC looks very interesting.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
They should both do the job pretty well. Best thing to do is go to a music store and try them both. See which one you like better.
Not taking any online orders.
Both pretty nice guitars, Ibanezs have a very very nice sound, a very warm sound even in the lower down models, so this should be a gem. It would be very good for metal but the BC Rich would also be good for metal but not much else. Personally i would go for the Ibanez
Manchester United
BC all the way

neck thru ftw
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I'd get the BC Rich because I already have a 570, but the 1570 is a better guitar.
the thing is i cant find the bc in any guitar shop near me =/ and the ibanez is pretty hard to find, im just thinking the ibanez is more versatile
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
the RG most definitely, my friend has one and it sounds great
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I'm pretty sure the BC Rich is made of nato, not mahogany.

Just play both.

You'd have to swap the pickups in the RG if you wanted a nice mean, metal tone.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i cant play them shamefully

i was thniking of buying emgs 81 and 85 for either of them
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
i cant play them shamefully

i was thniking of buying emgs 81 and 85 for either of them

Those pickups won't mix very well with basswood.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^Not necessarily. Some people like the sound of EMGs in basswood and some don't. I think erock(something) has an Ibanez with EMG's in it and he sounds pretty good.
Quote by Green_Jelly

Not necessarily.

Erockshock (?) has them in his RG1570 and they sound great.
Although, there is a bit of modding to get them to fit in.

Out of those two guitars I'd go with the RG, thinner neck (if you like it that way), amazing trem, better construction (hand built), just a better feel in general.
But if you can, try them out. A lot of people don't like the Ibanez' neck.
Quote by FRDesign
wtf, Ibanez's necks have got to be the most favored necks on UG.

I've seen a lot of disdainful comments on them, because some people find them too thin, too small.
Quote by Mwoit
^Not necessarily. Some people like the sound of EMGs in basswood and some don't. I think erock(something) has an Ibanez with EMG's in it and he sounds pretty good.

My bad. Yeah, I should stop presenting general opinions as facts.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Get the RG...
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
Quote by Phillitalian
neck thru ftw

Until your neck messes up. 5 Piece prestige neck with AANJ FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly

Funny, everyone on these forums says EMGs sound the same in anything.

Get the RG
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'm pretty sure the BC Rich is made of nato, not mahogany.

Just play both.

You'd have to swap the pickups in the RG if you wanted a nice mean, metal tone.

nato is eastern mahogany

and for christ's sake, get the mockingbird. it is much more versatile than the rg and has better features: better trem, better pickups, neck-through, coil-taps, varitone knob. what else could you want in a guitar. bc rich all the way
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by Mwoit

I ONLY like EMG's in Basswood.

I generally dislike them, but i'm considering getting an 81 for my 570.
Quote by nexteyenate
nato is eastern mahogany

and for christ's sake, get the mockingbird. it is much more versatile than the rg and has better features: better trem, better pickups, neck-through, coil-taps, varitone knob. what else could you want in a guitar. bc rich all the way

Better trem? Yeah ****ing right.

...nato/nyatoh isn't actually mahogany.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
Quote by RGman
Better trem? Yeah ****ing right.

...nato/nyatoh isn't actually mahogany.

i would take an OFR over an edge pro any day
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
nato is eastern mahogany

From some website about tonewoods, take it for what it's worth:

Nato is a South American hard wood, similar to mahogany and was used as a cheap mahogany substitute for entry level instruments until agathis gained in popularity. Not really a great tonewood and is really only a step up from cheap ply or composite wood.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by nexteyenate
i would take an OFR over an edge pro any day

that's a valid opinion but loads people would disagree with you.

I'd have to be one of them, the edge pro is widely held as one of the best trems available.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by nexteyenate
nato is eastern mahogany

-like someone else has pointed out already, nato isn't eastern mahogany.

-why would it be more versatile?

-better trem? Edge Pro's are equal, if not greater in quality than OFR trems. Some will prefer one over the other, but you can't deny the quality of the Edge Pro.

-the pickups on the Ibanez aren't as bad as most people say they are. They're not very exciting, but on the other hand they're not that bad either.

-neck-through is not the definitive answer to neck joints. It's main advantage is good upper fret access, but with the AANJ on the Ibanez the upper frets are very reachable.

-the Ibanez has coil tapped positions as well.

-the Ibanez doesn't have a varitone knob, on the other hand, it does have a Prestige neck with a very comfortable profile.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i say, go for the mockinbird, you don't see any of those around
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by senor_penguin
i say, go for the mockinbird, you don't see any of those around

Usually when you see a lot of people using the same product, it means that there's a good reason to buy it. With the RG it's the fact that you get a lot of quality stuff on a guitar with a modest price tag.

The logical responce would be to go: "well, if that many people like them, there's a good chance I'll like them too."

Yet you go the exact opposite way, by not recommending one because others have them too. Of course having a unique instrument is nice, but the mockingbird isn't that much of a rarity and by dismissing an instrument on the basis that a lot of people already have one you'll miss out on some quality stuff.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
As far as I'm concerned, the RG. No question about it. The 1xxx series are great value for money guitars.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
As far as I'm concerned, the RG. No question about it. The 1xxx series are great value for money guitars.

1570 = 2570, but with a blarkle blue finish, no binding and V7 V8 pups
tbh, your gonna change the pups anyway and the sparkle finish's are gorgeous.

1550 = 2550, but avainable in limited colours, maple board and more like the tradictional rg550.
again V7 and V8 which will most likley be changed.
You can't go wrong with a Prestige Ibanez. They're well built guitars. That being said, if you don't like Wizard necks, don't get it.

A high end BC Rich is an amazing guitar, I would highly recommend it, but, I coudln't guarantee the quality being quite as high as the Ibanez Prestige.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio