every single chord progression, riff, melody etc etc etc. is used? what happens then? =O
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
We'll make up some more, obviously.

In fact, a lot of prog-rock bands are already pushing boundaries concerning riffs, melodies, chord progressions.

Can you say "Opeth", my dear boy?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by bearded_monkey
Then Ben Stiller will become funny again.

he'll be in his grave by then, he's already going grey
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
How many megadeth songs would sound the same if they were played in the same tempo...

That is so true.

Don't tell Mr Mustaine I said that though..

>_>

<_<
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Someone would have to succesfully "divide by zero" for that to occur.
Music is infinite.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
technically it isnt, there is always a limit to the amount of combinations...there would be a F*CK LOAD, like...trillions....more...but yeh, there is always a limit
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Quote by bearded_monkey
You can't deny that Zoolander wasn't genius.

"MERMAN!!!"

Damn. I must have been thinking of some other dude, who is supposedly hi-larious, but I think is sh*t. Zoolander was good.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']We'll make up some more, obviously.

In fact, a lot of prog-rock bands are already pushing boundaries concerning riffs, melodies, chord progressions.

Can you say "Opeth", my dear boy?
What's so hard about understanding the word "ALL"?

Quote by Taylz24
every single chord progression, riff, melody etc etc etc. is used? what happens then? =O

What do you think will happen? The world's gonna explode?
No, nothing will happen and it won't change a thing. Do you honestly think you're going to remember every single chord progression, riff, melody, etc etc etc.? No. There are going to be duplicates and you're not going to be able to know it.
We'll be thinking of better ways to use our guitars then.

Some examples are:

1) Reanimation of life.
2) Stabbing people through various major arteries with sharpened headstocks.
3) Figuring out ways to actually do something with a Fender guitar other than watching it suck for so long.

oooorr....

4) Building music churches, asking the gods of all that is rock to bestow a new mighty instrument amongst us.
5) Actually rubbing icy hot on something, instead of just talking about it.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Archaon
What's so hard about understanding the word "ALL"?

What do you think will happen? The world's gonna explode?
No, nothing will happen and it won't change a thing. Do you honestly think you're going to remember every single chord progression, riff, melody, etc etc etc.? No. There are going to be duplicates and you're not going to be able to know it.

hmmm this is a good point, i never meant the worlds gonna explode or w/e...i just meant, will all songs effectively become covers or w/e, i dunno i was just thinking inside my head which i put down onto UG
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm
I don't think anybody knows every chord and there inversions. If music hasn't run out of ideas with power chords yet, it won't with 10,000 more chords.
Quote by bearded_monkey
You were thinking of Adam Sandler maybe?

But then again he was never funny...

you take that back now mister

happy gilmore was the ****
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by bearded_monkey

But he was great in...

Uhm. Gimme a minute, here.

You're right, Adam Sandler would only be funny if he was being chased by dogs with bees in their mouths, so that when they bark they shot bees at him.
Wait, for bees I mean hornets. Or rattlesnakes, maybe.
Quote by bearded_monkey

true that, i hate that retard impression he does, god damn it does that piss me off!
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
thats bullsh!t. it does'nt make any sense. thats like saying what will happen when all the pictures have been painted. will people stop painting? F uck no. they will keep coming up with newer stuff.
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
slipknot/spineshank/bring me the horizon will just detune to Drop F#
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by electricwizard_
thats bullsh!t. it does'nt make any sense. thats like saying what will happen when all the pictures have been painted. will people stop painting? F uck no. they will keep coming up with newer stuff.

THANKYOU!

at least someone backs up my point.

Thanks Electric Wizard.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
slipknot/spineshank/bring me the horizon will just detune to Drop F#

Pointless.

Slipknot have their own tuning.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Time signatures.

How many megadeth songs would sound the same if they were played in the same tempo...

i see your point and all, but that has nothing to do with time signatures.

unless, of course, you were making two seperate points