Hey everybody, i was just wondering if anyone knew any normal hand strengthening excercises i can do or make away from my guitar. I don't wanna buy anything, like just some basic hand movements of stuff u have lying around the house that you use.
Thanks!
damn Mattmakesmetal beat me too it!
soz but that is the way forward

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

If you don't want to buy anything; then get a tennis ball or something and just continually squeeze it as fast as you can.

Or you could fork out £5 or so on some grips.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

get some hand grips

they can't be more than a few dollars
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
not exactly related to strength but those chinese metal ball things that you roll in your hands are great for warming up your fretting hand.

apart from that, practising legato and doing bends on an acoustic?

EDIT: Hand grips are alright, but they dont really strengthen your fingers much so its not going to help you that much guitar wise which i assume is why you were asking.
tennis balls

squeeze em
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
ultimate_guns is right, but you also have to practice on the guitar, play some barre chords, some scales, really really really slow, cause youre not aiming for speed, well not at this moment...and um, also take breaks, thinking that if you keep playing without stopping is going to make youre hands lightening fast or give you mroe strength is an ol' neighborhood legend, its going to hurt you badly, so take breaks after 30 minutes, go sometihng else, like watch tv for 10 mins then go back, but in your break, open and close your hands, not the squeeze ball
thing

and lol @ Mattmakesmetal