Hi,

The lead guitarist in my band got a new guitar processor and I tried out using his old one for my bass.

It's a zoom g2 and has quite a few effects. Also the compressor gives the bass a very nice sound on stage(i use a pick) and the overdrive and effects give it a very nice sound.

Is it recommended to use a guitar processor, or should I go in for a bass only processor?

Thank you for any suggestions.
There's a reason that companies make the distinction between guitar processors and bass processors. You should definitely go for the bass-only processor without thinking. A bass processor on guitar will sound much better than a guitar processor on bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
There's a reason that companies make the distinction between guitar processors and bass processors. You should definitely go for the bass-only processor without thinking. A bass processor on guitar will sound much better than a guitar processor on bass.

+1 he said it, and bass and guitar have different frequencies, so the effects are built for the specific frequencies, but you CAN play it through a guitar effect's pedal, but it won't sound so good
hmm... Okay I'll try that out

Can someone recommend a decent hobbyist bass processor.
I'm thinking the zoom b2. Anyone tried this out?
yeah the zoom is good, also if you want a decent wah, then try the crybaby bass wah, forgot the model name, and digitech makes some decent bass multi effects processors just like zoom, but they aren't the best with guitars XD
I'm currently chaining a boss overdrive and a compressor.

Will I get the same quality if I apply a compressor and overdrive on the processor?
You should be OK as long as your bass is in standard tuning. If you have a B string, or are in a drop tuning, then your low end gets cut out....usually.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Oct 7, 2007,
If you like the tone you get from it, it's okay, it's just personal preference, it's not like you'll damage it.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410