hi pit dwellers

i suddenly have an urge to just blow my money on a single flight plane ticket to half way around the world, to somewhere i've never been before and just live there for a few months or a year

has anyone done something like this before, please sure the experience~i'm wondering if i should really give this a shot

thanks
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Woah, I've had the same thoughts for a month or two. I was gonna save up a lot of cash, get a plane ticket to the UK and the Wander around.

It sounds like fun.

But I don't know how well it would work, you'd have no food or place to live when you ran out of cash.

Unless you wanna be homeless and live in a box, or go into the forest and live there.

I'd pick the latter.
go for it, try finding somthign that dosent use up all your money though, i wanna try that some day
I'd love to do that, but I've always feared that I would get somewhere and hate it or wouldn't find something to keep me occupied.

If you have the money and the gumption I'd highly recommend having a go.

Quote by garrett5
Woah, I've had the same thoughts for a month or two. I was gonna save up a lot of cash, get a plane ticket to the UK and the Wander around.

It sounds like fun.

But I don't know how well it would work, you'd have no food or place to live when you ran out of cash.

Unless you wanna be homeless and live in a box, or go into the forest and live there.

I'd pick the latter.

There are cheap hostels about that I'm sure you could book a place in until you got yourself settled.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
yea money's one of the biggest issue thats stopping me from doing it

although i did find stuff about working for an english family (in the UK) for like 5 hours a day, trade for food, accommodation and stuff. i guess it wouldnt be the same tho

or get a job teaching guitar!

such a hard decision..
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I've had similar thoughts. I'm thinking about doing it after graduating. Probably Europe. Stay for the summer, mayhaps.
Spiral Out
How much money do you have? Average American wages won't go far here.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
My geography teacher did this to travel throughout europe iwth some friends:
you can buy a unlimited rail ticket for a 1 week/month or 3 months etc. and its not that expensive - i think 1 month is about £550 ($1100ish).
Then just plan it so that every day you catch a long distance train to another country. its something like a 10 hour journey from france to switzerland (i think), so you just go to sleep on the train journy.
Though this is something which you'd probably have to do with a bunch of friends rather than on your own...
If you have plans on staying in England, I'd recommend the cities. If you like the countryside you could stay there but it would be difficult to find a job and accommodation, and would quickly get boring.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Rankles
How much money do you have? Average American wages won't go far here.

I'm in australia right now, thinking maybe going to europe, with like $3000aus..hopefully getting a job there or something
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote by thewho65
Just in case your ever in a pinch, I heard you can use anal lube as shaving cream. I'm dead serious.

rofl! thanks for the tip

Quote by StonaLemons
My geography teacher did this to travel throughout europe iwth some friends:
you can buy a unlimited rail ticket for a 1 week/month or 3 months etc. and its not that expensive - i think 1 month is about £550 ($1100ish).
Then just plan it so that every day you catch a long distance train to another country. its something like a 10 hour journey from france to switzerland (i think), so you just go to sleep on the train journy.
Though this is something which you'd probably have to do with a bunch of friends rather than on your own...

that sounds really good

thanks for everyones inputs btw
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I'm going to aussie for a year after college.
Although it's to visit my dad, so it's not exactly the same.

Still, it should be awesome. I'm getting a work permit so I can get some cash earned for when I come back here (that's if I ever do mind you, I'm more than likely to stay over there with him).
We live once..

Because when your old and you think back on your life...if its full of "should have" and "could have"....you'll regret it.

go for it, SEIZE THE DAY MOTHER****ER!
Quote by kidsilcon
You could stay in the church if you had nowere to go.

they just let you crash on those wooden benches?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote by kidsilcon
You could stay in the church if you had nowere to go.

They let you do that?

I could move out and live in the church!

-Matthew Arnold

What are some countries where the American dollar will go a long way?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
What are some countries where the American dollar will go a long way?

America?

Sorry, couldn't help it. I think maybe Australia. Not Britain for sure though.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Mattmakesmetal
We live once..

Because when your old and you think back on your life...if its full of "should have" and "could have"....you'll regret it.

go for it, SEIZE THE DAY MOTHER****ER!

This comment reminds me of the following image:
Spiral Out
yea ive been having the same idea...but i want to go to amsterdam and try to get a place to stay and some type of income

can anyone help me out?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
ive always wanted to do something like this, but i wouldnt go by myself i would have to go with someone who knew the place or had been there before otherwise i wouldnt know wtf i was doing or where to go or anything haha
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
As most people have already said, I would love to do something like this too. However most of these people probably will not, so if you feel you can then do it man. It's not an opportunity you'll get a lot later in life.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life