So the other day I took my sisters Dean out of the trunk of my car and the bottom of the case came unzipped and the bottom of the guitar hit the pavement.... The chipping and scratching is pretty bad.... idk if these can be buffed away so does anyone have any suggestions?
This is a monument to our everything before forever comes crashing. - Converge
they are battle scars, you should be proud!
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
or thiers the lengthy process of sanding down the whole body and refinishing it! but pesonally id just get over it, like the guys said there battle scars
MY GUITARS:-

Gibson Les Paul standard
Ibanez NDM2
Ibanez s470dxqm
Ibanez AEL40 (electro/acoustic)
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Battle scars man, battle scars.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Deans need scars mate.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by Me2NiK
Battle scars man, battle scars.

BUT, he put them one SOMEONE ELSES guitar!!!
Prong =
if it still plays then who cares.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
there are some simple ways to touch up nicks and dents.

auto parts places have touch up paints. clear coat nail polish works as the clear layer.

a picture would help.

and check the neck, make sure there arent any stress cracks in the pocket.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just realised it's not your guitar.

If you cut out three inches of the guitar there's not much you can do without a new body. However, in most cases refinishing (which in itself is a bit of a lengthy process) will take out moderate dents while minor dents can be solved with a bit of touch-up, as jj mentioned above (they'll still be there but they won't be very visible).
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Yeah, cut off the area thatis messed up...you'll have yourself a new body style.
pics or it didnt happen
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by DeanGuitarist77
So the other day I took my sisters Dean out of the trunk of my car and the bottom of the case came unzipped and the bottom of the guitar hit the pavement.... The chipping and scratching is pretty bad.... idk if these can be buffed away so does anyone have any suggestions?

Emigrate?
If I had a Dean and my bro' chipped it he'd be dead-meat.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

If i was your sister id be pissed, people keep saying battle scars but i wouldnt want my guitar looking crap n killed
Manchester United
Simple trick should work on most finishes apart from nitro-cellulose.

Mask of the area around the damage. Get some clear-dry super glue and put it in the cracks. Wait for it to dry. Sand it down and colour it. Done.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Hmm an expensive guitar in a soft case, not the best combination. You could have tried setting it up so she would think she was the one who dropped the guitar.
More importantly, why would anyone leave their guitar in a soft case? Your sister had it coming...
Quote by gh0sthack
More importantly, why would anyone leave their guitar in a soft case? Your sister had it coming...

When I take my guitar somewhere, it's usually in a gig bag and I've never had any harm done to my guitars because of it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!