Time to reccomend me a guitar! So I'm almost dead set on the RG1527, but I'm sure there's some amazing deal I'm missing out on. So can anyone find me a guitar with these specs:

-7 strings
-Any shape
-GOOD floating tremolo system
-24 frets
-Any good wood other than alder
-Passive pickups preferably
-<$1000
-NOT the Jeff Loomis sig. That thing is ugly as sin.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by Serendipity
For the price and what you get, I don't think you can find a better deal

I know, but I'm always looking for better. I can feel it in my bones, there's some luthier out there selling the best 7-string ever for $100, and just begging me to buy it.
Dickless.
Thank god theres actually someone else who doesnt like the Loomis sig, can i put forward the S7320, solid ZR trem, mahogany body but only 22 frets. But the RG1527 is a nice guitar anyway, both are on par with each other really.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
>$1000

Well since your price range is over $1000, why don't you just go to a luthier and customize your own guitar (or go back to math class... )?

I like the Carvin idea.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Thank god theres actually someone else who doesnt like the Loomis sig, can i put forward the S7320, solid ZR trem, mahogany body but only 22 frets. But the RG1527 is a nice guitar anyway, both are on par with each other really.

I've got an S series ATM and I'm not happy with the trem OR lack of frets.

Quote by FacingUsAll
Well since your price range is over $1000, why don't you just go to a luthier and customize your own guitar (or go back to math class... )?

I like the Carvin idea.

****, wrong sign . Thanks for pointing that one out.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212

It's ok Here on UG, I see the greater than/less than signs used incorrectly more often than they are used correctly.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you get a Carvin DC727 and don't go all out on it you could get one for about $1,100 at most.

Mine was about $1,450 but it was a DC747 with about every upgradable option
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by which ones pink
Yep, Carvin ftw. But if you can't get a Carvin, then you're not going to find much better than that RG.

I would try the Ibanez, if the neck feels uncomfortable then I'd definatly go for the carvin.

Tonewise, keep in mind I have a walnut guitar with stock pickups, Ibanez's tend to have a bit brighter tone, with higher output pickups, giving it a more metal edge.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I would try the Ibanez, if the neck feels uncomfortable then I'd definatly go for the carvin.

Tonewise, keep in mind I have a walnut guitar with stock pickups, Ibanez's tend to have a bit brighter tone, with higher output pickups, giving it a more metal edge.

I own an Ibanez and yes, they do feel good.

This is all stuff I already know I know the tonal qualities of an Ibanez and different woods.
Dickless.
Schecter demon 7 FR maybe?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by MetalMilitia212
-Active pickups
-Hardtail

I don't even think the Demon FR-7 exists as far as the site says.

Go for a used 7620 if you want an original Edge. The 1527 is damn good though. Carvin might be another option.
RG1527 + pickup swap. Isn't over the budget and can't be beat in that prince range.
Quote by godofshred
rg1527 cant be beat for the money, really.

Except the fact that those necks give me sharp pains in my wrist...

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by which ones pink
^Do you have your wrist bent when you play? That would be the problem, not the thickness (or lack thereof) or a Wizard Prestige neck.

To be completely honest, my hands aren't large enough for me to comfortably play any 7 string but, Ibanez 7 strings give me the most fatigue and pain while playing. Shecters and my Carvin do not present any problems, even after hours of playing.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by which ones pink
^Do you have your wrist bent when you play? That would be the problem, not the thickness (or lack thereof) or a Wizard Prestige neck.

Strap height also effects this.

Chest rockers ftw!
Quote by Guitarislife125
Strap height also effects this.

Chest rockers ftw!

If I were a chick, I'd have a permanent impression of a guitar on my tits; I play pretty high.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^Same here lol.

And I guess it makes sense that if you have smaller hands, neck thickness is more of a factor. I have big hands (10 inch span with my left), and an Ibanez neck is more comfortable even for chording than the neck on my LP.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I've got an S series ATM and I'm not happy with the trem OR lack of frets.

It'll be okay. >3
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by which ones pink
^Same here lol.

And I guess it makes sense that if you have smaller hands, neck thickness is more of a factor. I have big hands (10 inch span with my left), and an Ibanez neck is more comfortable even for chording than the neck on my LP.

It does make sence that hand size effects how you like a neck, but I have pretty small hands and I love the neck on my Ibanez 7 and at the same I find fatter necks, like that of a Les Paul, way too big.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!