i personally find it better to anchor my pinky, tho i know alot of people dont...
just wondering how many of u do?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
when i'm speed picking the movement comes more from my wrist than my fingers so i tend not to anchor my fingers
POST FINDER
nope.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
most of myguitars are tune-o-matic's (gibsons) so i rest my palm just behind the bridge, before the tailpiece, but sometimes ill move my hand around to get different sounds
Yeah i do anchor my pinkie. i sorta hook it under my bridge pickup bezel. it helps when i do sweeps and fast picking stuff
I anchor a lot. I know it's a bad habit, but I play a lot of metal stuff where I have to keep palm muting, and removing the palm quick, so I do anchor, but not with my pinky.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Depends where I'm playign and what I'm playing. If I'm playing solos and picking above the fretboard, then I try and anchor myself for accuracy. Otherwise no
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
yeah i do... sadly. I've been trying not to but its a real hard habit to break.
Yup .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I don't usually anchor when I'm playing electric. palm is usually ( with a few exceptions, like then i'm alt. picking lower strings) rested on the bridge., but when I'm fingerpicking I anchor my pinky beside the strings.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
When i first started playing and opened up my hand so my fingers werent clenched in a fist, i initially started anchoring. I eventually switched to unanchored, also in part because i have small hands and couldnt reach the low e if i anchored, but now that ive stopped(a year and a half later) i find that if i force myself to anchor, just to see the difference, its generally much harder to play at speed than unanchored.
I play a lot of palm muted stuff so I anchor with my arm on the bridge
WTLTL 2011
I actually anchored for about 2 years of playing, then realized it didn't help much, I started to play with a free floating hand and found that my playing is alot more concistant with fast alt picking/string skipping/shred etc.

It was akward at first but about a few hours later it was cool.
My personal opinion is not to anchor, Seeing as it seems to restrict playing... But what works for some doesn't work for others.

Paul.
Quote by Intractable
I actually anchored for about 2 years of playing, then realized it didn't help much, I started to play with a free floating hand and found that my playing is alot more concistant with fast alt picking/string skipping/shred etc.

It was akward at first but about a few hours later it was cool.
My personal opinion is not to anchor, Seeing as it seems to restrict playing... But what works for some doesn't work for others.
Paul.

+1
Quote by OThugSd
I anchor a lot. I know it's a bad habit, but I play a lot of metal stuff where I have to keep palm muting, and removing the palm quick, so I do anchor, but not with my pinky.

That's the thing, if you play hard rock don't you kind of HAVE to "anchor"?

Either that or I don't anchor, ever. I found when I go really fast (by my standards) my fingers wanna pinky-anchor-it-up but I don't let it happen.
I try to avoid it, but I still do it alittle from time to time.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I anchor all the time, i find it a lot easier. Why is anchoring a bad habit? What does it constrict? ive tried not anchoring and i always hit the wrong string a lot
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
I used to anchor until I started taking lessons. I was really noisey when I anchored like with strings ringing cause my palm was anchored up. Now I anchor as little as possible. Usually only when I'm learning a part cause it's easier when I'm going slow.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
I stopped anchoring like, weeks ago. A bit hard at first but now I can do both, and I actually prefer unanchored. Helped my sweep picking a lot.