Hello,

Got a ESP LTD M-250 off ebay this week. The original Duncan pick ups had been removed and an EMG active set was intalled, although I am not sure which EMG humbuckers were included in this set. The guy I bought it off has taken the humbuckers out for his next guitar so at the moment there is just an EMG-S in the middle single pickup cavity. He has however given me one of the original passive Duncan humbuckers. Just wondered what people thought of putting a EMG-81 at the bridge and an EMG-85 at the neck? Hope this will be ok as I already have the 81 on the way, also from e bay. Was also considering the possability of wiring it up so I have the the choice of both or either of the active EMG-S and 81, and then switching in a seperate circuit with just the passive humbucker at the neck. What do you reckon? All advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sorry mate i cant follow you, are you asking whether to have the EMG 81 and 85 set with a single?
Manchester United
The wood is prob. agathis, so 81 is too attacktive for that kinda wood. It would be better if you put 85 in to the bridge and 81 for the neck!
Gear:
ESP Ltd Viper,
Jackson RR3,
Line 6 Pod XT,
Hüghes and Kettner EB15R,
Digitech pedals,
Guitar project; FYP Camo-V...

''Saatanaa, Vitun Perkele!''
-Norther - Death Unlimited <666
Quote by LoW
The wood is prob. agathis, so 81 is too attacktive for that kinda wood. It would be better if you put 85 in to the bridge and 81 for the neck!

attacktive?

I would actually recomend the opposite. The 81 isnt a particularly nice neck pickup. Put it in the bridge and an 85 in the neck, or an 85 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck.

The single coil is active right?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
See what you mean Shabalaba, just read my post and I do tend to ramble. I am even worse in real life! Yes, that is more or less what I was asking.

Thanks Low, I don't know much about guitars at all (drummer, learning guitar) so appreciate the thoughts on pick ups to match the wood.
It should work just fine. You will need a different volume pot for the active and passive pickups but that isn't a big deal.
Not taking any online orders.