Which Strat should I get?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=512573

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

I am an experienced guitar player that needs an affordable axe to take on the road that can risk destruction or being stolen.

I've played Squiers that sound great, and Fenders that sound like trash. The other way around also.

Let me know what you think would be the best buy. Thanks.
depends how long you'll use this guitar before you upgrade.
if it's gonna be your guitar for a long time then get the fender, otherwise the squier.
Get the second one.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
standard fender ftw.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
second one i would have thought.
although personally not a fan of h-s-s
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
the only advantage to getting the squier over the Mex fender is the price tag.

so, if you want a fender for a hundred less, look at used MIM fenders.

if new is your only option, id get the mex fender.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
+1 for a used Fender. Used stuff is great for what you want, and the Fender has generally better hardware and construction.
I have a Squier Strat that is great. Those Vintage Modifieds looks pretty good (especially since they have Duncan Designed pups) except that they are cedro bodies. Alder is a much better tone wood, and with that in mind, I'd say get the MIM!

Get an MIM used off e-bay, and then get some used Duncans in there as well!!
The quality difference is bigger than the price difference, so go for the Fender. If you can, compare them in a shop, as it is possible that that particular guitar is very good/bad.
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
(especially since they have Duncan Designed pups)

FYI, duncan designed are stock pups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011