Ok, so I got a crybaby yesterday, and when I tried it on my amp with my distortion pedal, the wah acted like more of a volume pedal than a wah pedal. So I was thinking it was my distortion pedal, so I went to my friends house to test out my distortion and wah on his cube, it sounded perfect. So it's amp. I have been considering getting a lower watt amp for awhile now, because it is just too loud and I feel bad because it bothers my mom when she's watching T.V.

I play from metalcore to classics. But I really want a metallica tone, so that should give you an idea. Again, I want a high gain if possible

So, I want a
- lower watt
- high gain ( I can add a pedal if needed)
- headphone input
- effects loop
- hopefully about $300 tops

I was thinking a bout an Orange Crush 30R because the features look good and if I add a distortion or overdrive pedal, it would be good. So, can someone help me out?

Thanks a bunch guys
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i think the problem with the volume instead of wah may have been that your distortion pedal was hooked up before your wah. eg: distortion>wah it should be like this: wah>distortion
no, my pedalboard goes

whammy>wah>distortion>phase 90
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
100w
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
^ Yeah that could deffinately be whats happening

But if you're going for an SS i'd look into a Cube 30X
High gain valve amps for low cost + low wattage = not likely

EDIT: You have a 100 watt Fender frontman, so volume's not really an issue, and you're amps not very good, but try boosting the mids with it etc

Oh and did you get the cheap crybaby? I have one and it basically goes from bassy-to trebly instantly with no middle, is that whats happening to you?
Last edited by philipisabeast at Oct 6, 2007,
you could sell it and downsize to a 30 or even a 15. I would go with the Orange Crush though, if you sold the 100W you would easily have the money
I would believe the orange crush to be much too loud, louder than the 100W you have.

It's worth a try though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ok, I just set up my pedals as

whammy>distortion>wah>phase 90

and it works fine, wierdddd.....

but i don't know, i might get an orange
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Last edited by senor_penguin at Oct 6, 2007,
Are the wahs batteries okay?

And i would probably say theres no reason to go to the orange crush unless your frontman is too loud, just save up for a valve amp or something
yeah, i got a 1spot adaptor, so i got power, plus i'm getting it modded soon
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3