Ok, so Im leaning towards getting a Mesa Mark series amp, I know there is the Roadsters and Road King's which are suppose to be very versatile, but I have a feeling all it is that the Roadsters and Road Kings are just rectos with more features and I have a feeling the gain is very boomy and loose still. Anyways, which Mark amp should I get the Mesa Boogie Mark IV or the Mark III?
Roadkings are very tight. They eat the standard Rectos alive; better in every way to be honest. I might have enough time to get some recordings of the rhythm channel before I go to work.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
never played a mark III but the mark IV is absolutely flawless.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Ok, at least I know that the Roadsters/Roadkings are tight sounding. I'll check those out later, but how do you compare the Mesa Mark III to the Mark IV though?
Last edited by swordsman14 at Oct 6, 2007,
Oh, regarding to these amps Im down to the Mark IV or Roadster/Road King, which one would be better if you will be play inside of your house but then if I will be playing at gigs ocassionally? I heard that the Roadster is over 100 watts while the Mark IV is 85 watts plus you can lower the wattage on the Mark IV too right?
Quote by swordsman14
Oh, regarding to these amps Im down to the Mark IV or Roadster/Road King, which one would be better if you will be play inside of your house but then if I will be playing at gigs ocassionally? I heard that the Roadster is over 100 watts while the Mark IV is 85 watts plus you can lower the wattage on the Mark IV too right?

The roadking is 120watts max, that is 4 6L6 power tubes and 2 EL34s running at once. You can always cut it back to 2 EL34s or 2 6L6's which would be around the 20-50watt area.

Both amps have master volumes, you can get a decently cranked tone at lower volumes but they do sound better once they get pushed over that hump between too quiet and too loud.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio