Just won a Laney AOR Pro Tube 50 of Ebay complete with a cab for £166

Got to go and pick it up either tomorrow or sometime next week. I'm so excited

Heres the pic of it:

For those who don't know about these amps they sound like hot rodded JCM800s and they have pull boosts on all the EQ knobs.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
looks the tits. nice.

congrats
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Cheers

I can't wait to get it, not sure what speakers are in the cab apart from that they're Celestions but I can replace them if necessary.

I'm really pleased because I've been wanting a GH50L or an AOR for ages and I've just seen a GH50L and a 2x12 go for £400 when I've got this for £166.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
LOL I've been saving up for a while, but I might have to starve for a few weeks

Totally worth it though :p
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Crank that Biotch UP!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I will be cranking it up

Scum_PunkRocker, can I ask why you aren't a fan of Laneys?
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
You got an all valve heead and a decent cad for the price of a 30 watt mg...

Bastard!!

Nice one man
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Very good. I wish you many years of good sounds, fun and women (or men if applicable.) Next purchase for you: Premium earplugs. Enjoy.
Quote by jimbob78
You got an all valve heead and a decent cad for the price of a 30 watt mg...

Bastard!!

Nice one man

Apparently my friend has just bought a 75W Line 6 Spider III (against my advice) for more than I've paid for this Laney I'll take it round his and drown him out with pure tone.

^ Oh yes, I may need to invest in some earplugs for this. Can't wait

Edit: I'm also partial to women, not men :P
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
nice score man, congrats. I've heard alot of good things about the AOR. Have to put up some clips of that badboy.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah I'll try and get some clips up when I get it and when I've calmed down enough.

I don't really have anything I can record properly with but I'm sure I can borrow something from someone.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
haha, yeah, ngd is always a rush. Yeah, if you can swing it, clips would be great. I always seem to find that amp on "hidden gems" lists that people talk about, I've always wondered how heavy it would actually get. It's got the boosted Marshall vibe right?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah, most people compare it too a hod rodded JCM800. The bass and mid pull boosts are supposed to turn it into a monster. Its a bit of a risk since I haven't actually played one before but I loved the GH50L and from descriptions I think I might like the AOR even more.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
for 166 quid, you can't go wrong...even if you dont like it, stick it back on ebay and make a profit!
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
I have one of these, and you will love it. Be careful with the Bass boost though. The first time I use the bass boost, I had the bass at 6 then engaged the boost and broke all three windows in my room. These amps are a great deal, I played this thing next to a JCM800 and liked this better, so I bought it right there. 215USD for a great 50W tube head.
Quote by guitarted
I have one of these, and you will love it. Be careful with the Bass boost though. The first time I use the bass boost, I had the bass at 6 then engaged the boost and broke all three windows in my room. These amps are a great deal, I played this thing next to a JCM800 and liked this better, so I bought it right there. 215USD for a great 50W tube head.

How loud on the master volume did you have it ?
Never heard of amps breaking windows (only imagined it xD)
Well I went to go and try it out/pick it up today and found that it was extremely quiet with hardly any distortion and it sounded very crackly. Looking at the tubes 2 of the preamp ones were hardly glowing so it looks like they are the problem. The guy is going to get it retubed then let me know so I can try it again.

Kind of annoying to drive 30 miles to try out an amp with broken tubes.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
ahh, that sucks. Maybe you should have seen if he would take off like £30-40, so you could get new tubes yourself. That still seems like a pretty good deal considering the cab is included.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah might be smarter to retube it for yourself...

Still nice win!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Erock503
ahh, that sucks. Maybe you should have seen if he would take off like £30-40, so you could get new tubes yourself. That still seems like a pretty good deal considering the cab is included.

I could of, but I didn't want to risk retubing it and finding out that something else was broken, if he puts new tubes in and it still doesn't work I'll tell him to forget it.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
yeah, that's smart. I'm impatient, I would have hauled it home, lol.
amp clips
amp vids
I had the master at about 5. In a bedroom setting, I would be very careful with the volume. I barely get to put the master above three with some sound deadening devices. It's worth it though. Try some GTs in the preamps for some great smooth preamp gain. I'm getting ready to do a retube of the poweramp here in a little while, I think I'll use some nice JJs or maybe EH's.