Hi guys, glad to be a part of the forums.

Since I want to go and give Audacity a whirl, I'd like to know how to get started. Can anyone please tell me the name of the cord which can plug from my guitar into a PC? I presume one end is a Mic Jack?

Thanks for the help,

'Cosmic
you can use a guitar cable and a $3 adapter from radio shack.

1/4" --> 1/8" plug
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 6, 2007,
Do not plug directly into ur cpu like that!!!!!!u have to buy and interface.... if i were u i would buy the stealth plug
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
^you can plug into your computer from ur amps line out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by delizio37
Do not plug directly into ur cpu like that!!!!!!u have to buy and interface.... if i were u i would buy the stealth plug

Won't hurt a thing - I do it all the time. I go DIRECT (Guitar to my Mac) and use Amplitube 2 or Guitar Rig 2 as my amp or, as Jenny said, from an amp with a line out (An old 80's ROLAND SS with LINE OUT and also my cheap Fender Frontman using LINE OUT) - using the same cheap little adapter - Try it - it works sweet! I also use my Zoom G2 directly into my Mac's "Line In" -> Logic (My DAW Software), and use the Zooms amp sims... sounds wickedly good too.

It's all good.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Oct 6, 2007,
Okay, thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sound Card, just an embedded Dell motherboard sound chip. Also, I live in Ireland, where Radio Shack is just another mystery. I'm sure I could pick one up in PC World though. Thanks guys. Now I know what I'm looking for!

'Cosmic
Does your sound chip have a Line In anywhere on the case? Also anyplace that sells stereo stuff or electronics should have the adapter - I use one like it everday. It's used with headphones a lot (regular jack into a mini jack)
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Just get somethign liek what Jenny posted but I also got an extension which you plug in then you plug that into as then you have more flexibility with it, but if you just go guitar - computer you best have somethign to alter the sound cos it sounds a lil' dull, I need to try it guitar - amp - computer.