I am thinking of buying a Ibanez 6 string or 7. could you guys tell some good ibanez tremolos and the ones that i should stay away from?
ZR trems are pretty much the top. Edges arent too great, and if u can afford one, get a Korn 7-string with a U-bar trem. Instead of a bar, theres a rounded bar attached to it, so u can palm the bridge for trem dives.
Quote by Mark G
Stay away from edge pro.

I highly recommend the ZR tremolo

Dude the Edge Pro is the one of the best tremolos out there, you probably got it mixed up the the "Edge III" its crappy brother. The ZR is a great tremolo too, but the tremolo you get depends on what model you buy, Prestige RG's come with the Pro and S Series guitars come with the ZR. Both are great guitars so you should really play them to see wich one fits you best.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Dude the Edge Pro is the one of the best tremolos out there, you probably got it mixed up the the "Edge III" it's crappy brother. The ZR is a great tremolo too, but the tremolo you get depends on what model you buy, Prestige RG's come with the Pro and S Series guitars come with the ZR. Both are great guitars so you should really play them to see wich one fits you best.

I assumed that the Edge III was a more advanced version of the Edge I and II. I know the Edge III sucks, so I assumed its predecessors would too. Might be a hasty conclusion on my part. Nice avatar btw, William Murderface rocks. (I love Dethklok)
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Dude the Edge Pro is the one of the best tremolos out there, you probably got it mixed up the the "Edge III" its crappy brother. The ZR is a great tremolo too, but the tremolo you get depends on what model you buy, Prestige RG's come with the Pro and S Series guitars come with the ZR. Both are great guitars so you should really play them to see wich one fits you best.

Yeah +1 edge pro's are really good bridges, as are ZR's, from what i've seen about the design the ZR actually looks great

EDIT: Ahh no, edge pro's are the improved floyd rose design, edge pro 2 and 3 are just crap in the longrun
Last edited by philipisabeast at Oct 6, 2007,
get the edge / edge 7 / ZR / ZR 7
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
edge pro II and edge pro III are good for the price but fall apart really quickly

edge pro is good zr is good
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Good trems:

ZR

original Edge

Edge Pro

Double Edge

Lo-pro

And the seven string verions of these bridges.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Edge "Pro: III and II don't exist. The bridges you DO have (as far as I know) are:

Edge Pro: Solid bridge, good quality, improvement on the old Floyd Design.
Edge II: An Ibanez initiative that failed. Badly. Bridges generally fall apart quicker (so I'm told, I've never used one) Because the knife edges are generally made with tinfoil.
Edge III: Supposed to be an improvement on Edge II, wasn't.
ZR: Revolutionary system that has two sets of springs, making it easier to use the trem (I think). Generally the priciest of all Ibanez bridges but very good quality/design.

There's probably other variations on older Ibanez models etc. but those are the main ones that Ibanez manufacture today.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

ZR: Revolutionary system that has two sets of springs, making it easier to use the trem (I think). Generally the priciest of all Ibanez bridges but very good quality/design.

There's probably other variations on older Ibanez models etc. but those are the main ones that Ibanez manufacture today.

The good versions of the Edge trem are found on Japanese and Prestige guitars, while the ZR can be found on some much cheaper S models.

It's a great bridge and it might be expensive as a unit, but you don't have to spend that much to get a guitar with one.
BAM! Squeeze that spice weasel.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
BAM! Squeeze that spice weasel.

Since you like posting it so much, why don't you add the missing bridges you lazy bastard?
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Since you like posting it so much, why don't you add the missing bridges you lazy bastard?
Psh, that's the first time I've posted it in months. It seems to get around on its own. Don't think there's anything worthy of note that's missing. Is there?...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Edge "Pro: III and II don't exist. The bridges you DO have (as far as I know) are:

Edge Pro: Solid bridge, good quality, improvement on the old Floyd Design.
Edge II: An Ibanez initiative that failed. Badly. Bridges generally fall apart quicker (so I'm told, I've never used one) Because the knife edges are generally made with tinfoil.
Edge III: Supposed to be an improvement on Edge II, wasn't.

The Pro II exists, the Edge Pro III does not.
Quote by pifty
Psh, that's the first time I've posted it in months. It seems to get around on its own. Don't think there's anything worthy of note that's missing. Is there?...

Well it would be cool to have as may Ibanez double locking trems as you can find, like the Double Edge, the Lo-TRS II and the predecessor to the Edge trem to name a few.

On the other hand, they might not be that easy to find and it's already quite a complete page as it is, but still.
Quote by Ibanez20th
Edge, lopro, double edge, edge pro, pro rocker, Lo pro 7, edge pro 7, Zr, ZR7 (with removed zrs bar)

And you have the seven string trems with the U-bar modification as found on the K7.
Quote by Ibanez20th
thats just a lo 7 with a different bar silly.

I know, but I still find it worthy of a separate mention.

Besides, I really can't think of another good Ibanez double locking trem right now, so that was the best I could come up with.
Original Edge
Lo-Pro Edge
Edge Pro
ZR
All Double Edge trems
and any 7 string variant of those trems

BAD TREMS
All Lo-TRS
Edge Pro 2 and 3
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Well, the 7 string Edges are essentially the same. Story has it that Fritz Katoh chopped two Edge bridges in half, and welded together the 3 and 4 saddle chunks to make the first Edge7 for the UV prototype. Double Edge trems are the same machines as their progenitors with the exception of piezo saddles. And none of you probably even saw a Pro Rocker. Which is actually a fairly interesting machine, since it doesn't have a knife edge, and sits on a round pivot instead.
Quote by pifty
Well, the 7 string Edges are essentially the same. Story has it that Fritz Katoh chopped two Edge bridges in half, and welded together the 3 and 4 saddle chunks to make the first Edge7 for the UV prototype. Double Edge trems are the same machines as their progenitors with the exception of piezo saddles. And none of you probably even saw a Pro Rocker. Which is actually a fairly interesting machine, since it doesn't have a knife edge, and sits on a round pivot instead.

How can you watch really old Racer X and not see those Ibanez trems from the past?
^ I mean personally. Shoulda said "touched".