wat is the diff. between a chambered body guitar and solid body one?

ive heard of chambered bodies before but i just thought about it wen i heard about mark morton's new dominon
Chambered bodies have cavities, or "chambers" cut into the wood.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
yea. helps for weight, sounds different, more resonant than a solid body. gives u a more mellow sound in most cases.
Quote by qotsa1998
yea. helps for weight, sounds different, more resonant than a solid body. gives u a more mellow sound in most cases.

gotcha thanks
Quote by qotsa1998

listen to this dude.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
How does this apply to the '07 Les Paul Standard? From what I've read, Gibson said that they were able to make the LP much lighter without compromising the tone (and even improving sustain apparently). The x-ray for it makes it look basically like a semi-hollow without the f-holes. Is there a huge difference in tone between an 07 and an older LP, or are the people saying this just elitist tone snobs?
Pre-'06 they just drilled holes in the body which I believe started in the '80s. The only way you can get a solid LP is if you get a custom shop.

I haven't had a chance to play all of them, but I've heard there is a slight difference.