i was looking at the ibanez rg's and they says "Since 1987, many players have selected the Ibanez RG as their weapon of choice for visiting sonic mayhem on the metal masses. With the right choice of pickups and flat, fast necks, the RG crunched its way to classic status."

With the right choice of pickups?
does that mean they make them to have ****ty pickups and you will change them yourself anyway
No, it means that the RG has the right pickups.

I doubt there gonna say how ****e their pickups are in an advert.
i think it means that Ibanez chose the right stock pickups for the sound ppl wanted.
they are trying to say that their choice of pickups and their fast, flat necks crunched their way to classic status.

Their sentence structure is just a little ambiguous. Ironically, you are pretty much right with your interpretation. Ibanez pickups are pretty bad.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by minibrowny
No, it means that the RG has the right pickups.

I doubt there gonna say how ****e their pickups are in an advert.

yep.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
i am looking at them and it says with the right pickups and pickup placements, now what does pickup placemetnts mean?
btw do dimarzio ibz suck, necause it says ibz on it so i am thing its ibanezes designed dimarzio
Dimarzio/IBZ aren't very good no

But back 20 years ago, weren't Ibanez shipping guitars with DMZ's in them? Hence they can claim that?

Pickup placement : where the picks up, the bridge pickup will be position to give a harder brighter tone for riffs etc, the neck pickup will be located in the best position for creamier smoother leads etc

RG's are good guitars, for what you want them for, but chee marketing hype
Last edited by philipisabeast at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by EEF13
i was looking at the ibanez rg's and they says "Since 1987, many players have selected the Ibanez RG as their weapon of choice for visiting sonic mayhem on the metal masses. With the right choice of pickups and flat, fast necks, the RG crunched its way to classic status."

With the right choice of pickups?
does that mean they make them to have ****ty pickups and you will change them yourself anyway

It means "This is a load of marketing bollocks - ignore it"

The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups don't suck, they're very good - however very good doesn't mean everyone's going to like them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
They're not the ultra best pickups you could fit though ^ but that's not mixing that with the fact that they're used on good guitars as a sort of base sound for you to build up on, and are an improvement over the Ibanez V's
Best is subjective, the RG is, historically, the quintessential 80's guitar. That being the case the Super Distortion-esqe bridge pickup is a perfect fit, likewise the fuzzier sounding super-2ish neck pickup.

However i'll be the first to admit that theywouldn't be my first choice, the V's are insipid and uninspiring but arguably they're a "better" choice for stocks as they're more generic sounding and also they cost less so you're losing less when you upgrade. When you start to put "better" pickups on you start to polarize opinions as the people that pay attention to that kind of thing invariably have very specific requirements. At least the V's are consistent...nobody likes them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^ Ah fair enough, i shall use wider vocab in the future

But in general, yay for me having gone to the US on holiday a month after i got my RG, cheap Dimarzios yay
Now THAT was a well-timed holiday
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc