I havent seen any other threads about coldplay, I searched for one aswell, and there was nothing, so here it is! the only coldplay thread. Discuss them and their music. I think they are pretty innovative, using different tunings for alot of their songs, and they make alot of diverse music. They made me want to learn piano.
Quote by Rebourne
What is this "Death Rock" you speak of?

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
"The Scientist" rawks!

The new album seems to have frozen up though...
for rent
Personally I loved their first album, Parachutes. ROBTTH wasn't bad... but X&Y.... that was just terrible IMO. I will buy their new album though and hopefully it wont be a repeat of their last.
Wait shouldn't this be in the pop forum?

Nevermind, there's no pop forum, it's better here than in other.
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
Wait shouldn't this be in the pop forum?

Nevermind, there's no pop forum, it's better here than in other.

shhhh.

i love parachutes. i think that a great album for the sound of 2001 (i think it was thta year, maybe 2000?)

and the scientist is an amazing track

X&Y was far too preachy for my liking and since then ive just gone off them.

whenever shiver hits on my mp3 player though, i always keep it on,

Parachute is full of brilliant songs, first half of Blood is good, but X & Y...I think I liked about 30 seconds of one track from that =/

IMO of course =]
I like all of their albums, they all are a little different, though my new favorite song is Dont panic from parachutes, and i have a ton of bootleg stuff from a friend, like 30 second cover songs from weird artists for them to cover, like skater boy from that canadian girl, can never spell her name right
Quote by Rebourne

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
Parachutes was brilliant, Rush Of Blood was brilliant, but X & Y was crap.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Oct 6, 2007,
i think someday they will be regarded as hugely influential, but who knows what the future will bring
Quote by Rebourne

Quote by revolutionplz

Don't think I won't.
Quote by j0nmcc
whenever shiver hits on my mp3 player though, i always keep it on,

That's my all time favorite song.
I didn't like them when I was younger but I like listening to thier old stuff now haha.
I do enjoy coldplay, the first 2 albums were brilliance (parts of ROBTTH wernt to good, but most of the songs were) but X & Y they just seemed to loose some of their touch. Anyway, my bands playing a cover of 'Don't Panic' (The opening song of parachutes for those that dont know) for an upcoming gig, should be good, a nice simple song with good lyrics and feel...