i've just bought an ashdown ABM combo and was wondering, is there a headphone socket on it and if so where?
I believe not. They're not practice amps. If you live in an apartment, College/Uni pad or with the 'rents, you're going to have some issues
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
aaahh, i dont live in any of them but i have a sister who complains to my parents whenever it's loud enough for me to hear it...

what about the direct output, can you get adapters to put headphones into them?
I've honestly never heard of such a thing... but even if there was, you wouldn't solve your problems because headphone sockets on practice amps have a trip that cuts signal to the speaker when headphones are plugged in. ABM's and other non-headphone-out equipped amps don't have that.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Solution, buy your sister headphones.
wow, i know what to get her for christmas now, and the rest of my family too, thanks Caustic, you're the best

EDIT: does anyone have any good EQ settings coz it's a 7 band and i've only ever used a 3 band
Last edited by bass dude nick at Oct 7, 2007,