ESP LTD EC-500 (Olympic White)

or..

Schecter S-1 Elite

Now i've been thinking about this for a while, but i need some opinions. The ESP has EMGs, while the Schecter has Seymour Duncans. Im not sure which one is better for my type of music, though.

I like to play some Classic Rock, (Rush, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin) some Metal, Heavy Metal, too (Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Trivium)

Which do you think is better for me, UG?
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Epiphone Valve Junior Cabinet
Last edited by tre_coo at Oct 6, 2007,
I honestly don't think either of those guitars would be good for you... your tastes lead me to suggest you to a Gibson Les Paul.
I actually was thinking of a Gibson, but which Les Paul? Studio? Standard?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Get a standard if you can, as the faded and studio are of lower quality. Also, you might want to look into the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul, cuz I'd rather have a high end epihpone than a low end Gibson. If you're set on one of those two, get the schecter and get an Edge trem off ebay(thay go for about $50) because none of the bands you listed used active pups and you'd be able to better reproduce their sound with passives.
Really? I thought Kirk Hammett (From Metallica) used active pickups?

And i've never considered a Epiphone, I think i'd just rather save for a Gibson if I were to not get the two guitars I have mentioned above.

Thanks for your suggestion

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Let me rephrase that. MOST of the bands you mentioned don't use actives (I just remembered Dave Mustaine used 'em too, although he used Duncans). They're really only useful if you're gonna play nothing but metal, because the cleans are only so-so.
Hmm, so-so cleans eh..

I'll just try a few guitars out (including the ones that have been listed in this topic).

Thanks for the suggestions guys, im still open to more suggestions.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Well personally from my musical tastes the two of those guitars are actually, my two favorite guitars! Personally I prefer the schecters tone a milibit more than the LTD, but their both amazing guitars... Just to let you know, my musical tastes are of Death Metal/HardCore/Folk Metal/Black Metal/Grindcore.... extremely hard and gritty stuff...

Judging from your musical tastes above your more of a classic/thrash kind of guy, so I would definitely say hit up a Gibson (I highly DO NOT suggest an epiphone) Les Paul Standard.
Standard...

If you want to pick between those original two, get the ESP.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.