My dad has a bunch of weird crap. Lately I found out this includes a 100watt tube amp from some church that was used with microphones and organs.

Would it be possible to use this to make a 2x12 combo amp with? And would it be possible to make an overdrive channel, or is it too complicated?

If anyone thinks it'd help, I can take some pics of it, the inside as well as the outside.

~Ket
Go research. There's a lot that goes into it, but yeah, I guess it's possible. Go do research on gain stages, as you'd need a different preamp for a distortion channel.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
No, especially if you have as little experience as you seem to, start small, but don't go for this amp project. There is a lot that you'll need to know before even considering it.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
No, especially if you have as little experience as you seem to, start small, but don't go for this amp project. There is a lot that you'll need to know before even considering it.

The amp itself is good to go... Might just need new tubes... I've connected it to other speakers before, so that's not the hard part.
No its not that. The voltages inside a tube amp are just plain scary and if you dont kow what your doing/ have a lack of respect for them then its a one flash and your ash sort of spectacle.
It's easy to figure out how to deal with it. And once you drain the filter caps and unplug it, there's little to no current running around in there.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I realize I could get shocked if I do something wrong. But I'm not an idiot. I know that you unplug anything like this before you work with it From the "research" I've done so far, I've read a lot of safety tips, but nothing yet on how to actually do this...
Just unplugging the amp won't do enough to lower the voltages in the amp unless it has a resistor to drain the charge. More than likely it won't have one since it is an older amp apparently so you will need to learn how to discharge the capacitors before you attempt to work on this amp. I've built two amps, and maybe one pedal so its not that hard to do. Everyone seems to think that building pedals makes building amps easier, but their a lot different in scale. Go for it if you think your up to it and your willing to put hours of research into the project.
My suggestion would be getting rid of the pre-amp (it's not going to be doing you any favours) and either using an offboard one, or even building your own into the amp chassis.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."