I recently bought a ESP LTD EC-500 suited with 2 EMGs. I dont know much about them but i do know they are set to active and use batteries.

One time while playing the sound died on me. I flicked the toggle switch to the bridge pick up ( i was using neck) and sound came in the bridge position. I wnt back to the neck position and after a few seconds it worked again. This has been happening alot recently. The sound just died when i play on the neck pickup but still goes when i switch to bridge. At first i thought it was the batterys so i changed it with a brand new one. The same thing still happens. Sometimes when it dies i flick it up and down a few times and wait a few seconds then the sound kicks back in the neck pickup.

Is this because of wiring or something done wrong? Im pretty sure its not the batterys because I changed them.

sounds like a wiring issue, make cure everything is sauldered properly
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
The most likely culprit is the switch. Try cleaning it or replacing it.
how would i go about checking if theres a problem with the EMGs?
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Quote by N1ck0
how would i go about checking if theres a problem with the EMGs?

check everything else first. if there isnt any problem with any of that, then its the pickups
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Other than tracing wiring there is little that you can do unless you know electronics. You could take it to a tech. They can check everything with an volt meter (ohm meter?) I'd put money on it being the switch and not the pickups.
1 question though if it's the switch then would the sound still die in the middle of playing in the neck pickup mode?
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Quote by N1ck0
1 question though if it's the switch then would the sound still die in the middle of playing in the neck pickup mode?

Its possible. I had a Washburn that had a screwy switch that did stuff like what you're describing. Contact cleaner helped for awhile, but I ended up replacing it
id say its the switch because when you switch it theres a little connecter thing and sometimes it gets dirty or some greasey guy put it together and left some grease on the wiring or something its going to be something that you couldnt have helped and hopefully the store will know that
if it's not completely cutting off then it's a dirty switch, dying battery or a detached wire that keeps bouncing on and off the lug, happened to my les paul, eventually the wire just moved so much that there was no sound and i simply re soldered, check for any disconnected wires
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD