I've had my epi les paul for about 8 moths now, and i've always had tuning problems with it. I am thinking about new tuners to buy. Can anyone recommend some new tuners, and what are the stock tuners on the epi les pauls? All i know is that they are grovers, but what kind?
They mite be grovers if your lucky, if not, just epis own. Try some locking ones, schallers or sprezels are good.
Quote by blue_strat
It may just be the strings. How often do you change them?

I change the strings anywhere from 8-12 weeks. i did notice that they would go out of tune more when i was using 10's, but now i have 11's on it.
All strings will hold tune less and less well over time. Try changing them, and after a couple of days of playing see if they aren't staying in tune at all.
Quote by blue_strat
All strings will hold tune less and less well over time. Try changing them, and after a couple of days of playing see if they aren't staying in tune at all.

I did change the strings 5-6 weeks ago, should i change them again now?
I also forgot to mention it's only on my g string. just 5 minutes ago, i tuned it to G, less then 2 minutes later it's tuned to f#
It's usually the G string that goes out of tune. Make sure that the saddle for the string isn't in a weird position, that it's wrapped around the tuning post tidily etc. If all is well, and you aren't actually constantly doing 1 1/2 tone bends, you may need to replace that tuner.
thanks, i do tend to bend alot, especially on that string. i still need recommendations on new tuners, or tuner
Grover, schaller or sperzel as minibrowny said. Any locking ones of them should be fine.
My epi standard has the grovers. They are the regular grovers you can get some locking ones that fit right in that look pretty much the same. I change my strings more than you do. They will slowly stretch and go flat to a point then start to go sharp. They will be a little sharp the next day just about every time. But I put strings on every 2 weeks. Its the plain strings yo uwill have the most problems with.
You should really change your strings monthly if you play a fair amount. As for tuners, I've had good luck with some Planet Waves tuners.