This thread is dedicated to those simple acoustic songs, that have lyrics that blow you away in terms of depth, but portrayed with elegance and poignance. A few of them I really like are:

Beatles - Let It Be: Those two lines in the chorus are so resounding, and compliment the rest of the song so nicely. The chords are simple, but the song makes you think about life!

John Lennon - Imagine: The words fill you with hope and despair at the same time. The message is simple, but it brings out emotions and makes you dream!

Bob Dylan - Blowin' In The Wind: Stripped down, acoustic chords that compliment Bob's message. He makes a message about the issues of the world in such a poetic way that it's brilliant.

Can you guys think of some more?
alot of jack johnson stuff
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Not sure if this count's totally, but Rain Song by Led Zeppelin.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
john frusciante - ascension, song to sing when i'm lonely

and basically every other john fruscante acoustic song
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd---It's not entirely acoustic, but the vast majority is. Hell, it's so deep, people have over 20 different interpretions of it (probably more.)
Quote by hard_rock101
if i started a brutal death metal band, id call it Bleeding Asshole
Quote by abdulalhazred
I really don't know whether I hope this is a troll thread or not....... I mean...either he raped a girl
Or thinks it's ****ing hilarious to joke about it.
He's a monster either way.
"Deportees" by Arlo Guthrie.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Bright Eyes - Lua
Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights
The Decemberists - of Angels and Angles

I can't really think of any Classic Rock ones except Dylan, and I like his rockier stuff anyway. (Post Bringing it All Back Home.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Mother - Pink Floyd
If you can play a G - C - D & F chord you can play Mother. (Excluding the solo)
As for the lyrics, hey its on The Wall! All the lyrics blow me away.
"Whoa! That didn't sound right. This thing must be out of tune." - ME

"As the maples scream oppression! And the oaks just shake their heads." - N. Peart