ok, i got a question for you techies in the pit. im burning a dvd iso that says it is 4.7gb but when i try to burn it on a standard dvd-r that is 4.7gb, it says the image file is too big. it says this...

Data to be written 4,822mb
Space Available on Disc 4,489mb
Disc Required for Compilation DVD R/DVD RW, DVD-DL
Disc type in recorder DVD-R

im trying to use Nero to burn it and ive tried several other programs that give me the same crap. so can anyone help me solve this solution? like maybe some way to compress the dvd a little. i could rip all the video off of it but i really want to keep the dvd as a whole intact. help please.
That's because the size on any CD/DVD is never what you really get to burn. Ie, it says "Space Available on Disc 4,489mb." that means the 300 or so MB is left for buffering, caching, or whatever the hell they use it for--I don't know. But yeah, simple as that. Either find a way to shrink the file, or buy a dual-layer DVDs.
i know the file is bigger than the dvd. but the original dvd is on a standard dvd, not a dual layer dvd. so does anyone know how i can make it fit?
Wow, did you not read what I wrote? You can't, unless you shrink the file itself or use dual-layer DVDs (assuming you have one anyways).
Quote by burndttoast
Wow, did you not read what I wrote? You can't, unless you shrink the file itself or use dual-layer DVDs (assuming you have one anyways).

i did read it dude. now im asking how to shrink it. did you read what I wrote? i dont have any dual layer dvds, cant afford em. so anyone know how to shrink it?