I have a 1985 Toyota Mr2. When ever I stop at a red light or something, it almost dies. Some people have told me that I need to adjust the idle, but I have no idea where that would be. Any suggestions?
Also, when I come off the freeway and stop, for about ten minutes after leaving the freeway, the car will die all the way. Anyone Know what causes this and how I can fix it?
If it helps it's a manual.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

You've got some weird clutch problems.....check the idle under the transmition and make sure it's connected. If it is, check the pedal action. Sometimes, in old manuals, the pedal becomes screwed up and causes the car to die.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
My friends car did kinda the same thing. Turns out he needed to put water in it or something. But I doubt that's the problem if you went to a mechanic already, unless of course he's trying to jipp you.
how long have you been driving this car? is it only this car? have you driven any other manuals?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
My tio had that problem. It may not be this but it could be some washer shaped thing connecting to the battery (how it gets its juice, the thingi transfer-er crap...). Turns out it was cracked and that could cause the car to screw over. You may want to CHECK, ONLY CHECK, that. Make sure you don't get electricuted.
The mechanic is a close my Uncle, he gave me the car.
I have been driving it for about a month and a half, this has only started recently. It is only this car. And I have driven many other manuals, it's just this one.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Fuel injection or normally aspirated? (carburetor).
If fuel injected it could be low fuel pressure (bad fuel pump), or dirty throttle body.
If normally aspirated it could be dirty jets. I doubt your idle needs adjusted unless something else was recently done to the fuel system.
It could also be a dirty air filter or fouled plugs. How long since they've been changed?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
okay, nevermind then. good luck.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Damn, I'm guessing the air fillter probably hasn't been changed in 8 years, I'll get a new one Monday, see if that helps it. Fuel injection, but the pump looks brand new. What is a throttle body?

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac