can you give me tips on how to play as a more...clear player, not so sloppy I have been playing for four years and I feel I am fairly good but there is plenty of room for me to improve
practice. cliched yes, but true.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Stick with the basics, found on this site in the 'lessons' category. Learn the scales till you can play them in your mind, like they're second nature. Then, move on to chord progressions, then modes. All of these can be searched for in the lessons. Good luck! You will be amazed at what these fundamentals will do to 'cleaning up' your playing.
alright thanks its just kinda hard cuz i never took lessons I tought myself but I would really like to learn alot of this stuff like I dont know anything about counting or anything like that I would take lessons but I live in a small ****ty town with nothing to offer
im not sure what you mean by "skippy" if by that you mean you aren't precise or for example you can trem pick something but when you go to move to a different string and you flub some notes then you need to slow down. in fact, regardless, i think you prolly need to slow down. i wonder if you started going faster before you were ready and poor practice habits you picked up (everybody thats self taught grabs some bad practice habits, unless of course you're randy rhoads reincarnated)
maybe I am? lol nah I do have bad habbits and i do need to slow down not so much on songs I play but my own stuff that I write
slow down EXTREMELY slow, when im working something even if its at like sixteenths at 120, and i feel even a little bit of tension, i break it down to like, 60 bpm with quarter notes, and just kinda let my arm droop almost, just relax everything, as if i were extremely fatigueed, i play the riff 4-5 times, and after that i speed back up and its relaxed
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
^ Learn everything you can about timing. How you organize things metrically (Beat emphasis) has a profound effect on playing.

My advice is this; with everything you play, focus on the musicality of it, not on the technical aspects. To quote Gyorgy Sebok "The fight is not between the instrument and the person, but it is within the person; the performer fights himself," and again "One has to accept that to be human is to be fallible, and then do the best one can and be captured by the music." It is strange, almost mystic, but you will likely find that, as a result of playing musically, that you develop a technic far superior than your peers who'd rather run up scales.
I find it helps to take it slow (Like stated), and actually watch your picking hand, how it moves, how it flows, then look at your fretting hand, watch how it climbs and turns like a spider on web. Then just try to make it fluent and focus on hitting each note. Do it slowly, do it repeatedly, and just relax. It comes with time.
Play every note as close to the fret as you can. that get's the clearest sound. When you do vibratos do your best to make every bend the same length that helps. As for your picking hand practice only moving your fingers and wrist moving the whole arm can make sloppy noises.
oh... and get a metronome. Rhythm is incredibly important. Try playing drums for a while.