Hi guys! I'm new here...

I'm looking forward on buying a new distortion pedal, and I'd like to hear some opinions.... I love heavy distortions, more mids (rather than scooped out tones), adn I dont like classical metal distortions ala METAL ZONE.

I'm looking for this kind of tone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGeC7l3lhU

Sorry, I don't have any better example....

BTW does anyone have any experience with BroTech Fatpipe Pro?

Thanks!
Boss DS-1.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
electro harmonix metal muff?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Some kind of Boss, the DS-1 would be great, plus it's cheap.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by TheReFiller
Some kind of Boss, the DS-1 would be great, plus it's cheap.

Thats what I said...
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Isn't DS-1 too weak for the sound I'm after? DS-1 is good, but I prefer more drive.
your all gonna call me nuts, and its an off brand and a bit more expensive, but I just bought one and this pedal is awesome.

As far as I'm aware the tube overdrive is driven by a real 12AX7 tube, and regardless, it sounds great, and is very versatile + you get other effects.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10
your all gonna call me nuts, and its an off brand and a bit more expensive, but I just bought one and this pedal is awesome.

As far as I'm aware the tube overdrive is driven by a real 12AX7 tube, and regardless, it sounds great, and is very versatile + you get other effects.

Looks interesting... Do you have some samples, please...?
sorry, I JUST got it tonight, and its 12:22 AM here (on a saturday night, in an apartment with neighbors upstairs and on each side).

If I have time I can try to record some tommorrow, but I've got really crappy recordign gear (a cheapo mic plugged into my line in of integrated sound card, and absolutely no camera/video)

what types of distortion are you looking for, or would you just want an overall sample of the pedal (all its effects)?

I can get almost anything with it, from blues and jazz to hard rock and metal. I'm assuming your looking for a lot of crunch/gain.

I'll record you something tommorrow if nothing comes up (should be a pretty slow day anyway)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
wtf is the "BroTech Fatpipe Pro"? I've never heard of that...

EVER.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Heavy Distortions? Loads of mids? Check out a MI Audio Crunchbox. Marshall sound, from cleans to more than enough gain. Also very responsive to your playing, and even with higher gains you can hear all the notes in our chords, no mud. Tapping and harmonics come out great.

Sound clips and info:

http://www.miaudio.com/CB2.htm

http://www.miaudio.com/CB4.htm

http://www.miaudio.com/CB1.htm

http://www.miaudio.com/CB3.htm
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
sansamp gt-2 is the answer
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by spiroth10
sorry, I JUST got it tonight, and its 12:22 AM here (on a saturday night, in an apartment with neighbors upstairs and on each side).

If I have time I can try to record some tommorrow, but I've got really crappy recordign gear (a cheapo mic plugged into my line in of integrated sound card, and absolutely no camera/video)

what types of distortion are you looking for, or would you just want an overall sample of the pedal (all its effects)?

I can get almost anything with it, from blues and jazz to hard rock and metal. I'm assuming your looking for a lot of crunch/gain.

I'll record you something tommorrow if nothing comes up (should be a pretty slow day anyway)

Thanks man, I'd really appreciate it

Like I said, check this link, Id like to get this kind of sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGeC7l3lhU

EDIT: No, don't worry about effects... Distortion is most important right now.... Thanks!
Last edited by DV86 at Oct 7, 2007,
Quote by TK1

+1 electro-harmonix is awesome =p
Ibanez ART300 HOLY JESUS TOTALLY FUCKING METAL
'87 warlock (in progress)
yahmaha noname w/ a floyd rose
takamine g-series acoustic!!!
orange crush 10
vox ad15vt
line 6 Pod
Boss metalzone
Boss super overdrive
Give an AMT Extreme III a try (I do believe thats the name/model). Its like a Mesa in a box. That said, the guitar tone isn't very clear in that and its hard to tell, but it sounds fairly high gain.
Quote by TK1

+1
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Thats what I said...

The more people rooting for the DS-1, the better chances he'll go to pick one up.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
the ds sounds cheap (and it is) i have it, even if you don't play metal the metal muff can dial in ANYTHING
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
the quality (OF THE RECORDING) is REALLY BAD, and doesn't do the pedal justice. also, I made it fast, and I'm really tired, so I made a ton of mistakes, but you can get an overall idea of the pedals versatility.

Don't get me wrong, the pedal is good. Its just that I'm recording to an integrated sound card, with what is basically a karaoke mic, and it really doesn't do half a bit of a good job.

I didn't change any of the settings from what I had it set to, but there are enough EQ knobs on the thing to make a world of difference in ALL the effects, distortion and overdrive included, and I'm sure with enough tweaking you can get the tones you want out of it.

in the test, I started clean, then added effects, and mixed the effects of the pedal for awhile.

I tested everything individually and with other effects, although I just left it set to my EQs.

I just wish I could've afforded the pedal AND some good recording gear. but I'll be playing live in a few months, and I needed a wah pedal and this before recording gear.

anyway, the test is here

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/spiroth10/

and the page for the pedal (by the company) is here:

http://axlguitars.com/index.php?id=1409

I seriously think AXL is cranking out some choice merchandise these days, especially for the cost.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Thank you so much for the clip! Now all I have to do is decide which one.... I'm also thinking of MI Audio Tube Zone!
yeah, no prob, just like I said, the quality doesnt do it justice.

also, you can get heavier sounds out of it -- I just left it on with my current settings (I've been playing a lot of rock, so there was probably more crunch than youd want)...

I can get that kind of metal chug and squealing harmonics with it too, if thats what your into.

I posted a review of it for UG, and I think I rated it fairly all around. hop by and take a look if you want.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
rocktron silver dragon
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press