Poll: What's your favorite?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your favorite?
M
4 13%
m
5 16%
M7
6 19%
m7
1 3%
(Dominant) 7
2 6%
Diminished
6 19%
Augmented
4 13%
Half Diminished
1 3%
5 16%
Other
13 41%
Voters: 32.
What's your favorite type of chord? I like M7s, 9s, and this one the most:

E-|--1--|
A-|--3--|
D-|--5--|
G-|-----|
B-|-----|
e-|-----|

Does anyone know what that's called, by the way?

I'm expecting some wierd and interesting answers with this. If you answers aren't commonly known or available online, post them.
G or D...ha, I'm a simple man.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
^ Try reading the thread.

I don't have any preference, since every chord has its own place and its own use in music.
Quote by yawn
^ Try reading the thread.

I don't have any preference, since every chord has its own place and its own use in music.

That's why I said im a simple man haha
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
This doesn't have a whole lot to do with the thread, but what's th chord in SRV's Little Wing, at about 2:05? I love that chord.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Quote by Cedarock
the chord in the first post is an Fsus2

Wouldn't it be an F5sus2? because of the lack of a third?

anyway, my favourite chord is A5.
Quote by Zofar
Wouldn't it be an F5sus2? because of the lack of a third?

anyway, my favourite chord is A5.

a sus chord implies that the third isn't there
in a sus2 chord, the third is replaced by the second
in this case, the notes are F, C, and G, so the the third of the F chord (A) is replaced by the second (G), making it a sus2 chord
Quote by Cedarock
a sus chord implies that the third isn't there
in a sus2 chord, the third is replaced by the second
in this case, the notes are F, C, and G, so the the third of the F chord (A) is replaced by the second (G), making it a sus2 chord

Didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up. (still a bit foggy on theory)
Quote by Zofar

Didn't know that, thanks for clearing that up. (still a bit foggy on theory)

no problem
Quote by Cedarock
Dadd4/9 (open C moved up two frets)

D9sus4 is the chord you're looking for. You can't add a 4 (not trying to sound mean, just telling you what's correct).

I think a lot of you are misreading this thread. He's not asking what your favourite CHORD is, he's asking you your favourite chord TYPE.

I voted other as my favourite type of chord is a m9M13. I'm not exactly sure of the correct naming syntax of it, but the chord structure is 1 b3 5 b7 9 13.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
D9sus4 is the chord you're looking for. You can't add a 4 (not trying to sound mean, just telling you what's correct).

I think a lot of you are misreading this thread. He's not asking what your favourite CHORD is, he's asking you your favourite chord TYPE.

I voted other as my favourite type of chord is a m9M13. I'm not exactly sure of the correct naming syntax of it, but the chord structure is 1 b3 5 b7 9 13.

you can definitely add a 4, and in this case it calling it a sus wouldn't be correct. in a sus4 chord, the 4th replaces the 3rd. but in the Dadd4/9, the notes are D, F#, G, and E. So in that case you have the 3rd and the 4th, so it can't be a sus, and is called an add4 chord. You're also adding the 9th for the same reason, and calling it a D9 chord would imply that its a dominant 9th chord, which it isn't.
Power Chords, I don't care what you guys say
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011