Ok guys,heres my story My youth director at my church is looking to put together a band to play at youth meetings and stuff. He really wants me to be in it because hes heard me at school talent shows and stuff. Weve got a group of guys together, but just not alot of talent in them. I had to tell the drummer how to set up his drumset and tune the bassist guitar because he couldnt get in the little middle dot. I know some guys but they think there too cool for christian music. I'll admit alot of it is pretty korny,...but anyway My question is What are some good christian rock songs that would appeal to the regular rock fan

Along the lines of:
Switchfoot
Pillar
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
ummm
depends on what kind of "rock" you guys are into
i would say, check out bands signed to solid state records (christian oriented record label)
or check out some of the bands that were in this past summers line-up for purple door
dude pillar is awesome
play 'everything'
if you have someone who can rap and not sound stupid, go for it. it opens up the potential audience.
revolution by Hillsong U is close enough to rock, and its straight up
look up some stavesacre, might be hard to find though. try finding "its beautiful (once you're out there)"
starfield too, you can use teh gain
i mean, if you have trouble finding songs, just add distortion in the choruses or sth.

a lot of christian metal is really corny. you probably can't get away with demon hunter/project 86, though theres Deteriorate by Demon Hunter.

and to everyone whos being a douche, christian music is too cool for you.

"trashing hotel rooms, thats easy. But being a Christian, thats serious rebellion" -Alice Cooper
i have a 'white guitar'
Well I go to a Catholic school and drum for the 'Holy Band' or whatever it's called; what happens is the deacon gives us the hymns to do, and we rock-ify them.

For example, last Friday, we did two hymns at a liturgy; one we turned into a power ballad with solo's et al., and the other we turned into this huge drop-D funk groove. Just get ahold of some hymns and let your imagination run wild.
ace trouble shooter, the almosy, amber pacific, anberlin, classic crime, cooties, dead poetic, demon hunter,, disciplie, emery, flatfood 56, house of heroes, jonezetta, projwct 86, sub seven, the wedding, as i lay dying, underoath
why don't you just play music that would follow a Christian set of values and not worry about whether it is labeled as "Christian rock" and mentiones Jesus or does an embellished solo based on the melody of "amazing grace" or other hack crap like that.

I mean this seriously, not as a joke or off topic. Most Christian rock heavily offends me as a Christian, cheesiest most unsincere crap of all time. I could go into more detail but it wouldn't be relevent. Point is all rock music that follows your belief system is ultimately going to be "Christian" rock; just find songs that emphasize your own idiologies and don't worry about the religous part.
Random SOAD songs about reincarnation>all Christian "rock"
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Kahless
Slayer is good christian music. Play that to all the little kiddies and others
Haha thats funny

You should be fine playing anything as long as there is no profanity and the lyrics are church appropiate.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Missingno476
Random SOAD songs about reincarnation>all Christian "rock"

Please die. You aren't funny and your insinuation that being religious means that you aren't able to play rock and roll music makes you come off as an ignorant ass clown.
Um... Creed aren't a Christian band peoples...
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by Under_The_Oath
Um... Creed aren't a Christian band peoples...

Their singer was, and several of their songs were about his relationship with God.
Quote by Mikeizzle
GAY
i hate when people are "christian (rock/metal/punk)" cause why can't they just make music and not preach religion? i feel like such a douche listening to christian music like that

Maybe because they feel empowered to write music about the love and joy they feel from their God?

Fuck you, you ignorant disrespectful twat.
Quote by Mikeizzle
whatever you say, especially because the words of a trekkie are valued.

Falling back to insulting me for liking Star Trek is a sign that you have no real response and essentially lose. Eat my shit, loser.
Quote by Mikeizzle
GAY
i hate when people are "christian (rock/metal/punk)" cause why can't they just make music and not preach religion? i feel like such a douche listening to christian music like that
You used a 12 year old's insult so your opinion doesn't matter.

People write about what they feel impowered or are ispired by. Some people are inspired by religion, while others are inspired by relationships.

You can't tell another person what to be influenced by.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown