A few weeks ago i decided i was going to Purchase a JCM800 as soon as i get the money( from inheritance, its getting held up with tax and such) but i was going by Musicians friend prices, even though i live in Canada, so i thought around 2000 canadian was enouph for it. but its probobly going to be ALOT more, right? so for around 2000 canadian what alternatives are there? i cant find any info on Orange Rockers so i dont know thyre price, but i know they are good. any other suggestions (by the way, its best if its Marshall because i cang et slight discounts on them, and support my Uncle's buisness)
Keep it local (well, in Canada anyway): Traynor Custom Special
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by RentACar
You could get a pretty sweet mesa combo, and probably a good marshall.

Arent Mesa amps more for Metal? im looking for Classic Rock/Early Metal (think Zeppelin to Iron Maiden to Pantera kinda stuff, not Cannibal Corpse lol)
Has anybody ever played either a DSL 50 or DSL 100? i was just watching a gear video for it and it sounds pretty nice, but then again its a Marshall gear demo so they could be leaving out that bad stuff, so anybody have any experience wit them?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Traynor YCV50 Blue. Should get a great classic rock and hard rock tone from it.

I tried one of those actually, and i hated it. I couldnt get a good tone from it no matter what, and i was using a 3000$ Gibson, and then i played a SRV Signature Strat and it just sounded really wierd, and i played around with all the knobs and i couldnt dial in what i wanted. The gain channel plain sucked, but maby i just had a bad model, or mabey it wasnt exactly the one you were talking about
Maby thats it, dunno. im use to my MG and i always have the Gain Cranked on it, and i havent touched the dials in months. dont want to screw up what little tone it can achieve haha.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Arent Mesa amps more for Metal? im looking for Classic Rock/Early Metal (think Zeppelin to Iron Maiden to Pantera kinda stuff, not Cannibal Corpse lol)

No man, tons of punk bands use them too!!

NOFX
Bad Religion (I think)
Angry Agency
Anti-Flag
YouthInAsia.

But they do metal quite well!