I was reading somewhere that some pickups are designed for players that already have enough distortion in the pedals, amps, etc. So my question is, what pickups are designed for players that need distortion in there pickups? Is there a certain type, like ones with higher resistance?
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
ok i have no idea of what ur trying to say but get a emg pick up in your lead slot and get a dimebucker in your other
Quote by freakypop
ok i have no idea of what ur trying to say but get a emg pick up in your lead slot and get a dimebucker in your other

lol sorry didnt mean too confuse anyone.
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
active and passive pickup wiring is gonna get messy. i'd say go with either/or. correct me if im wrong, but isnt dumebucker designed for bridge position?
If you have a volume control that works both pickups, the Dimebucker is going to sound horrid (not that it doesn't in the first place, but you know what I mean). Active pickups don't mix well with passives. PinkEdit: Beaten to it.

And threadstarter, I think you're thinking of higher output pickups. Pickups like the DiMarzio Evolution are high output, while most single coils are low output. High output pickups are better for and with distortion, while lower output ones are the opposite.
Dont get a dimebucker.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
if you want distortion, stick a higher gain pedal, or get a metal oriented amp. also, if you get high output pickups for a solid state amp, it won't help any of the distortion. high output = more distortion from tube amps. i hope u understand that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard