Okay so im in my 20s and saw Nirvana on the Nevermind tour (they were crap that night tho). I am just interested to hear what you kids think of grunge now. our band are pretty heavy and modern sounding but we are still steeped in grunge (crooner vocals, those barre maj chords without the bar etc).

Is that not cool now or what?..we are not trying to fit in or act cool i was just wondering
Meh...

I've never been all that into grunge. When all of my friends were listening to Nirvana a decade ago, I was listening to Zeppelin, so...yeah. I could take it or leave it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i like grunge but maybe that's just me. i hope you're not trying to advertise cuz that could get you banned
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
i thought grunge was great
Quote by Rebourne
What is this "Death Rock" you speak of?

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
grunge has a nice raw sound to it but now it just feels outdated

I think it died out with Cobain, but I still listen to Pearl Jam from time to time.
Quote by DunlopGuy
I...don't...get...this...thre (brain explodes)

Quote by glib homunculus
I make love to cheesecake.

The true grunge bands were good but was definitely a thing of their time period. Nirvana was good, but I'm kind of glad they're over. They're better appreciated in their own time. Some other grunge bands that probably should have just been labeled alt. rock definitely hold a place in my heart though e.g. Soundgarden. Kind of like the early punk scene or british invasion the music is better being an era instead of so much a genre. I love the Foo Fighters but if they still sounded like their early selves I would pity their lack of progress. This is probably why Bush wasn't able to sell well with Golden State. 2001 is just too late for a Grunge band to still exist. Pearl Jam managed to evolve and are still a major band.
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
i wish i was born earlier to see what the early nineties were like, other than being like 5 or 6 lol
Quote by Rebourne
What is this "Death Rock" you speak of?

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
If it's straight up Grunge, then I get bored with it, but I like some modern rock/grunge bands, or alternative/grunge. As long as it has something else to spice it up, because in my opinion, grunge is a bit dull.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
It's mediocre.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by scarfacesuit
If it's straight up Grunge, then I get bored with it, but I like some modern rock/grunge bands, or alternative/grunge. As long as it has something else to spice it up, because in my opinion, grunge is a bit dull.

thats cool man. we wrote a song which has a muse modern sound and riffs over a grungy chorus and i guess we are more prog rock/metal than grunge anyway
Quote by zzany1
oops anyone over 25 specify because you may like it out of nostalgia

Specify what? I am not a nostalgic kind of guy. If I like something it stays liked.
I think grunge was the best think to happen to rock since Punk and New Wave shit came out in the '70s
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i like a few songs out of it but as a whole it wasn't a very impactful music genre
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by metaldud536
I think it should die!!!!

No but seriously, Alice in Chains kicks ass.

Alice in chain was better than nirvana in lyrics wises ,musically wises ,and skill wise.