For the springs?

I took mine off my strat

It doesn't do much of anything
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
For the springs?

I took mine off my strat

It doesn't do much of anything

im talking about the guitar pickups
Wait.....

What?
Can you post a picture of it?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I know what pickups are -_-

I don't know what you mean by "the backs"

Do you mea nthe wood or the ACTUAL pickups?
^lol no ****. he's asking which back cover on a pickup.

cuz the only visible parts on an uninstalled pickup are:
pole pieces
pickup cover
baseplate

what back cover?

and "post a picture of it" is to post a pic of your guitar. we know wtf a pickup is.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Do you mean the pick guard?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

if you're talking about what i think you are, then you can buy the cover from heaps of places.
noobzorz?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I know what pickups are -_-

I don't know what you mean by "the backs"

Do you mea nthe wood or the ACTUAL pickups?

there is a cover in the back of a guitar so that you can change them (not talking about the springs the cover im talking about is the one slightly lower and on its left) and that part is just completly wood.
Last edited by Slacker996 at Oct 6, 2007,
Quote by Slacker996
there is a cover in the back of a guitar so that you can change them (not talking about the springs the cover im talking about the one slightly lower and on its left)

OHHH

OHOHOH
Like on Gibsons?

Just go to guitar center, they have them there.
^that is not a pickup. you should read the wiki particle.

you probably have a direct mount stratocaster, or an ibanez of some sort. im not sure where you can buy those.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^that is not a pickup. you should read the wiki particle.

you probably have a direct mount stratocaster, or an ibanez of some sort. im not sure where you can buy those.

im a begginer so the guitar i have is a squire
i like pine-apples.......
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
a direct mount squier stratocaster?

a tremolo and an electronics cavity accessible from the back by taking off a cover.

but u don't have a cover, so that's convenience.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard

Where's the place you're talking about?

Just open in paint and draw a circle around the area, then repost
Quote by Slacker996
there is a cover in the back of a guitar so that you can change them (not talking about the springs the cover im talking about is the one slightly lower and on its left) and that part is just completly wood.

I'm guessing you want to change your pickups. Your Squier has pickguard-mounted pickups, so there is no need for one of those access covers. That's why there isn't one. The wiring is all located under the pickguard, so all you have to do is remove the pickguard and get to work. Well, I'd actually have a professional do the work, but you know what I mean.
^u gotta remove the strings and 11 screws before getting to work
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Slacker996
right here

(Invalid img)

damn it how do u post images (sry im new)
Quote by Slacker996
right here

(Invalid img)

I think the last couple posts probably answered your question. There isn't a back cover because there isn't supposed to be one.

Posted to tell you your image wasn't working, but you already typed that out while I was typing. I'm slow, I know.
Last edited by ccmu at Oct 6, 2007,
lol upload it on photobucket or imageshack
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Slacker996
damn it how do u post images (sry im new)

Go to photobucket.com

make an account.

upload it. Compy the IMG code below the picture

copy it into the response
Maybe, only maybe, your thinking of the toggle switch in les-paul style guitars? thats all i can think of. And if your guitar doesn't have routing there then it most likely shouldn't have routing there.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by ccmu
I'm guessing you want to change your pickups. Your Squier has pickguard-mounted pickups, so there is no need for one of those access covers. That's why there isn't one. The wiring is all located under the pickguard, so all you have to do is remove the pickguard and get to work. Well, I'd actually have a professional do the work, but you know what I mean.

Again, you don't have to have a cover there. That's why your guitar doesn't have an access hole or cover; why it's all wood there. You change the pickups or mess with the wiring by taking off the strings and the pickguard.
Quote by ccmu
Again, you don't have to have a cover there. That's why your guitar doesn't have an access hole or cover; why it's all wood there. You change the pickups or mess with the wiring by taking off the strings and the pickguard.

well thanks for the advice i needed help because im thinking of modding my crappy guitar to a devilish mettallic beast
Quote by Slacker996
well thanks for the advice i needed help because im thinking of modding my crappy guitar to a devilish mettallic beast

Glad I could be of assistance. Good luck with the modding.
Your guitar shouldnt have that back cover there because strats dont have a toggle switch in that area.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Slacker996
grr...http://www.pulseonline.com/esp/james_esp_truckster_back.jpg and my guitar is a squier affinity stratocaster

Squier

Strats

Don't

Have

Pickup

Covers.

What you showed in that pic is a completely diff model....and you can get that cover at any guitar center
Quote by ccmu
Glad I could be of assistance. Good luck with the modding.

you dont need anything for this?
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Squier

Strats

Don't

Have

Pickup

Covers.

What you showed in that pic is a completely diff model....and you can get that cover at any guitar center

i was showing an example
Quote by Slacker996
you dont need anything for this?

In order to do the modding, you'll probably want to send it to your local music store and have everything (new pickups and such) installed for you, unless you're skilled with a soldering iron.