I bought a couple of these for a fuzz pedal today. But after finding out they´re not very suitable I thought.. hmm. what else can I make with them..

Anyone have any ideas for simple (i´m still pretty new) effects using these BC640 transistors?
Washburn JB100 Customshop USA
Squire Stratocaster, Squire Telecaster, highway 1 tele,
FM65r amp, Marshall MS-4 & FM-15r
Washburn b-9 five string banjo, Eagle dreadnought acoustic. Art & lutherie AMI.
why do you buy stuff before you get any idea of what ur gonna do? r u nuts? or made of money?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
it was cheap, and what I thought I wanted at the time, it was originally intended for a fuzz face.. The shop didnt have those so I bought something that might be able to substitude the missing transistor (bad info from a salesperson). Now I´ve ordered those I want (germanium ac128´s) and have those left over. Dont tell me you use every bit of chip, screw and wire you have.
first of all, i never heard of those transistors. BC series, i know BC10Xs, which are bi-polar silicon transistors. but i dunno much else.

and what does "Dont tell me you use every bit of chip, screw and wire you have." mean?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Banzaieffects sell them, they even handpick for you your specific hfe rating. Which I find very nice.

ECistheBest : You were so shocked I actually bought transistors without being sure about wether or not I could use them. Kinda implies you dont ever buy anything without having a specific use for it, hence, no wasteage.
I do that with common things like resistors and caps, but not transistors.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
so.. no ideas then?
i guess you could try a rangemaster, or anything else with PNP transistors. They probably wont sound good though. go to the layout gallery at www.diystompboxes.com and look around