ok i think its happened to every musician, but ive been in like 15 bands that we didnt even do anything.... i would be the only one with riffs

any tips to prevent this?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
yea... that doesnt work to well.... the others get mad when you "force"
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
Quote by Eminored
Look at the band and talk to its members before joining.

Or,

Start your own band and make the goals very clear to anyone looking to join.

yea...... your second idea.... i havent tried that yet but im about to

thanx.... but keep coming up with tips for me

MY STUFF
make the riffs for the first few songs. then say aw crap, im pretty much out of riffs now. now if you guys wanna still be in a band and use the stuff i made, you gotta contribute some. That might help.
mabye....... just mabye....

MY STUFF
buy a taser... i guarentee if you try to taze them they'll listen to you... i know... my friend has a taser, i dont defy him haha
if they truly love playing music they will always find/make the time to practice, if not then there is really nothing you can do.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Quote by Dead_End
buy a taser... i guarentee if you try to taze them they'll listen to you... i know... my friend has a taser, i dont defy him haha

"DON'T TAZE ME BRO!"

Anyway, just make sure you're all serious about what you're going to do. I made that clear to my band mates when I was recruiting, and now we all can't get rides for all the practices we want to have, so we end up walking to each other's houses.