There are many models like the jcm 800, 900, 2000 etc.. Whats the difference?
I plan to start saving for one, but im unsure which to buy.
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
I would say its a toss up between a Plexi, or the JCM800..

The 800 has more gain, but honestly, a cranked and boosted Plexi is amazing for shred.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
i love the JCM 2000, but because it has more channels than the other JCM's and it sounds alot alike them stilll.
the orange rocker is the best marshall...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
plexi for sure... the blues breaker as well

the reissues are decent but the original... i had to go into the soundproof room with earplugs but my god...

but again todays stuff isnt great unless your willing to spend 2000+ (new not used)

^oranges do hit the tone pretty well for a more reasonable price (not as nice of a clean but w/e its a few thousand cheaper)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by PieceOfMind666
the orange rocker is the best marshall...

stole my line biotch
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Can a plexi or jcm800 be bought new? Or are they only available 2nd hand?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
several of the JCM 2000's have a design problem that causes them to blow up electrical components when tubes burn out. Untill Marchall can get that sorted I'd stay away from the 2000
Not taking any online orders.
Which model is the most versatile? Like metal (metallica,iron maiden etc) and rock(acdc, gnr..etc)
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Out of the JCM series I say the 800, but our of all their amps, plexi or bluesbreaker.
The jcm800 looks to perform best for my needs too.. Issit available as a new set or must i get it off ebay?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Bluesbreaker for me I would love one.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
I have an '82 JCM800 4010 combo. Simply put....It owns. It sounds warm and natural unlike the JCM2000 I used to have.

Out of the JCM series I would say the 800 too. Out of all the Marshalls I would say the PLEXI.

I got a plexi too and I think im going to sell my JCM800 because I love my plexi and the JCM800 is basically the same thing but with more gain.
I'd have to go with the JCM 800 or the Plexi, those two are the sound that defined rock. I'm going to get a JCM 800 50 watt someday, I like to have the extra gain there.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Yuo can buy a new JCM 800, and i think you can get a New Re-Issue Plexi, and those two are probobly the best Marshalls out there, except for the MG of course
If you're serious about a Marshall then go here
http://davidbrayamps.com/
Get what you want, built the way you want, to sound how you want it to sound. I have the JTM45 and it's the best sounding Marshall I have ever owned. You deal with David directly----great guy and does whatever it takes to get the amp to be what YOU want it to be. Multiple clips up on his web site.
honestly you shouldnt go w/ a marshall, buy a line 6 spider or somthing cause its WAY better than then any marshall, it has so much freakin selections and its a lower price, but just cause its cheaper doesnt mean the quality sucks, i actually love the sound its better than any marshall that ive played on
Quote by RHCPman202
honestly you shouldnt go w/ a marshall, buy a line 6 spider or somthing cause its WAY better than then any marshall, it has so much freakin selections and its a lower price, but just cause its cheaper doesnt mean the quality sucks, i actually love the sound its better than any marshall that ive played on

either retarded, joking or have only played MGs.

I have a jcm900.

LOVE. IT. LONG. TIME.

however most people prefer the jcm800 or the plexi but most all-valve marshalls are, at the very least, decent.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^^^^ you are a legend.

line 6 suck balls.

they dont cut through, and when they do, they are too overpowering.

either cant hear it, or too loud.

i have a jcm 900 dual reverb 4100 and it is the best amp ever.

get one and you wont go back.

>Marshall 4100 JCM 900 Dual Reverb
>Gibson SG Standard
>Digitech Distortion Factory
>Jim Dunlop Volume/Boost pedal
Quote by blue_strat

That about says it all, it all depends on what sort of music you play and what sort of tone you want to get.