yes i don't kno how but our school has this rock and roll class, and im just wondering is it just me or are some of the songs we get to play either okay or just lame and gay.

the concert we jsut played:

suzie q (gay)
summer in the city
help by the beatles
purple haze (kickass)
old time rock n roll (gay)
smoke on the water (alright i guess)
you really got me, van halen

and then some we're playin later in the year

zz top just got paid (good)
queen we will rock you
black dog (pretty good)
freebird
hit the road jack
lean on me
dream on aerosmith
barracuda by heart
je suis haut
They don't sound too bad. Some are a bit lame, but it's a class, you know? Overall, I'd say the school did their best.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
yea its a seventies rock class, but they left out stuff like rush, iron maiden, ac/dc which kinda pisses me off.
je suis haut
You should be happy you even have a class like that.. and you know that Maiden was 80s right?
id say the school did pretty well...for a school.
but at my school, we can do anything we want, its pretty cool lol.
but our last one was school of rock, remember the one off teh movie, it was really fun.
Quote by Grimmy101
You should be happy you even have a class like that.. and you know that Maiden was 80s right?

o yea but still i mean beatles mainly 60's if you're gonna go out of the 70's decade at least aim for the better decade, the 80's
je suis haut
actually maiden got their big upstart during the NWOBHM that took place in 1979
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Quote by pkeeling
actually maiden got their big upstart during the NWOBHM that took place in 1979

I know Maiden was around in '75, just talking album release wise.
i reckon, i wish i had a class like that.... i didn't even do a music class this year, because they have to play womanized versions of every song they play e.g. they took all the guitar solo's and heavy riffs and replaced it with piano and a girl singer
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

If you think Bob Seger is gay, then there is something very wrong with your brain, my friend...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
and if next year something similar happens DO SOMETHING REMOTELY LIKE METAL. when i say remotely i mean nothing less than. tehe sounds alright though i wish my school did it. and some of the songs were ok. oh yeah and go the gays i guess?
Quote by reissued
yes i don't kno how but our school has this rock and roll class, and im just wondering is it just me or are some of the songs we get to play either okay or just lame and gay.

the concert we jsut played:

suzie q (gay)
summer in the city
help by the beatles
purple haze (kickass)
old time rock n roll (gay)
smoke on the water (alright i guess)
you really got me, van halen

and then some we're playin later in the year

zz top just got paid (good)
queen we will rock you

black dog (pretty good)
freebird
hit the road jack
lean on me
dream on aerosmith
barracuda by heart

Well i'd consider all the ones in bold to be pretty good songs (in my opinion anyways), especially having Van Halen and Led Zeppelin in the set, so yeah I think they did a pretty good job, even though some songs on it aren't the most liked.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
That's pretty cool, I had a class where the teacher taught us Iron Maiden licks .

Mr. Bischof was the best.
Dickless.
why do people call music gay?

isn't there a better word choice? say something like "isn't my taste" or something?

and also the TS seems like someone that does whatever everyone else does, and thinks the songs are "gay" because everyone else is doing that.
sup?
Quote by LadyHellraiser
You're very lucky...

Pep band is the next best thing we have here, and thats extra curricular.

What are the instruments? rock instruments? Or do marching band kids come in with tubas and transcribed music?

hah no guitars bass drums, the school bought a les paul, fender jazz, new drum sets, taylor acoustic, mesaboogie vox and marshall amps.
je suis haut
You should consider yourself lucky. My high school improv class (no improv actually involved) has been playing nothing but Gloria Estefan.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
we had rockschool in our school. but youre in america?didnt know the did it there

anywayz i thought you could suggest a song you would want to do?no?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins